Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kona8000

I had a 401k withdrwal of 12000.00 , wat entry box do i choose on my state return?

in pennsylvania
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I had a 401k withdrwal of 12000.00 , wat entry box do i choose on my state return?

What was the code in box 7 of the 1099R reporting this retirement withdrawal?
kona8000

7and right next to it ira/sep/simple( seperate box but not numbered)

If box 7 is coded a 7, it is a normal distribution for your retirement plan and it is not taxable by PA.  Choose "I'm eligible, plan eligible" when asked what type of retirement distribution is represented by your 1099R.  For more info regarding PA taxing of retirement plans, see:  https://revenue-pa.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1470/related/1

kona8000

thx for the info ,, im a 60 yr old who took out a 12000 distribution from 401k and was taxed automatically from vanguard i guess for 2400 in fed and 368 in pa state tax withheld..turbo tax said i didnt get any $ back from pa.. so i ran it thru hr block and they said i get it back the 368..idk
kona8000

think i figured it out . i should not have been taxed.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies