Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rathouz

457 contributions: I contributed $24500 to a 457 which is allowed because I am over 50 in 2018. TT is allowing this for 403b, but not for the 457 and will not file.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
yateskt

457 contributions: I contributed $24500 to a 457 which is allowed because I am over 50 in 2018. TT is allowing this for 403b, but not for the 457 and will not file.

After talking to a TT rep for about 45 mins last night they said they are aware of the problem but did not have a fix for it and I would have to print and mail my returns. My state (CA) return would also not E-file without first E-filing the federal first so both have to be mailed.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rathouz

I spent hours with TT on phone about this as well.  A few details:  They DID send me info to manually update my TT program.  But, that was for the windows version [of home and business].  So, they have admitted the problem. For further info: I am using TT Home and Business Download [not online] version *for Macintosh*.   I guess I am bracing for having to snail mail to file, but still hoping for a TT update to the Macintosh version. If you are using Windows, you might ask about a "manual update" as they seemed to think that might fix the problem.
rathouz

One more point: If anyone has this problem on Mac and tries the Windows fix, or is using Windows, I would appreciate knowing if there is a valid fix.  I could ask TT to give me [and all of us] a free Windows version to complete.
yateskt

After talking to a TT rep for about 45 mins last night they said they are aware of the problem but did not have a fix for it and I would have to print and mail my returns. My state (CA) return would also not E-file without first E-filing the federal first so both have to be mailed.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies