401k

Where would I enter my work 401k contribution when filing taxes? 

I ask this because the TurboTax form does not give me the option to enter the amount from box 12 on my W-2. I've went through all sections and was not able to enter the data.

401k

Your 401(k) contribution is already entered on your W-2.  You do not enter it anywhere else on the tax return.

401k

It is already on your W-2.  Just enter your W-2 exactly as it appears.  The 401k data is in box 12a-12d.

401k

What?  If you keyed in your W-2 yourself you certainly did have the chance to enter box 12.

On the W-2 entry screen look at the part for box 12.

You have several "boxes" to start with.  You click "select code from list" and then enter the amount.

Did you e-file?  Did you click a big orange button that said “Transmit my returns now?”  Does your account say “pending?”

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4169486-can-i-change-my-return-if-i-already-submitted-it-and-you-r...

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing