knirf1

2020 QCD

How do I handle 2020 traditional IRA 1099-R income in Turbotax where the income is a mix of non taxable qualified charitable distribution (QCD) and taxable IRA withdrawal. Turbotax is giving me no help on the QCD topic. No QCD questions are asked. Do I need to get two separate 1099-R forms that separate the taxable from non taxable pieces?

knirf1

2020 QCD

I was able to get Basic free version of Turbotax to respond correctly. I opened the Form 1099-R for that IRA withdrawal. Midway down through that form is a section for RMD and QCD. I entered the dollars associated with the charity there and then it correctly showed up on Form 1040.

LinaJ2020

2020 QCD

If you are using TurboTax free edition, you would need to upgrade to Deluxe edition.  It will show under one of the uncommon situations on the screen.  See image

I have already submitted a request for fix.  

knirf1

2020 QCD

Rockfhome

2020 QCD

Does the Home & Business version have the option to indicate QCDs from an IRA.  I can't find a question asking if any amount on my 1099R has been used as for charitable donations.

SamS1

2020 QCD

Yes it does, In Home & Business, you need to go into forms mode.  In the upper right of the top margin click Forms.  From there:

• Find the 1099R you entered in the right hand column
  • Click to open the form
  • Scroll down till you find "Charitable Distribution Deduction" and enter the amount that was distributed to the Charitable Organization
  • When finish Click "Step by Step" to go back to the data entry screens.

You are allowed QCD for 2020 is $100,000.