turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

p1leaku

1099-R I've entered the 1099-R's but they are not flowing into my 1040, so the tax owed is under what it should be

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

1099-R I've entered the 1099-R's but they are not flowing into my 1040, so the tax owed is under what it should be

If the taxable amount is not on line 11b on the 1040A or 15b on the 1040 form then go back to the 1099-R interview and be sure that all questions were answered, including additional questions after the 1099-R summary screen.

Enter a 1099-R here:

Federal Taxes,
Wages & Income
I’ll choose what I work on (if that screen comes up),
Retirement Plans & Social Security,
IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R).

OR  Use the "Tools" menu (if online version under My Account) and then "Search Topics" for "1099-R" which will take you to the same place.

Be sure to choose which spouse the 1099-R is for if this is a joint tax return.
Be sure to pick the correct 1099-R type: Standard 1099-R, CSA-1099-R, CSF-1099-R, RRB-1099-R.

[NOTE: When you get to the "Your 1099-R Entries" screen where you can add another 1099-R, use "continue" to keep going as there are additional interview questions after that screen in most cases. You can always return as shown above.]

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Did you enter the 1099-R in the 1099-R section? Did you answer all the follow up questions after entering it? Did you roll over the entire distribution?

What code is in box 7?
Is the IRA/SEP/SIMPLE box box checked?
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
p1leaku

The code in Box 7 is 7.  IRA/SEP/I\SIMPLE Box is checked.  Yes it was entered into the 1099-$ section.  The entire amount is RMD, but the account is not still open

If the taxable amount is not on line 11b on the 1040A or 15b on the 1040 form then go back to the 1099-R interview and be sure that all questions were answered, including additional questions after the 1099-R summary screen.

Enter a 1099-R here:

Federal Taxes,
Wages & Income
I’ll choose what I work on (if that screen comes up),
Retirement Plans & Social Security,
IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R).

OR  Use the "Tools" menu (if online version under My Account) and then "Search Topics" for "1099-R" which will take you to the same place.

Be sure to choose which spouse the 1099-R is for if this is a joint tax return.
Be sure to pick the correct 1099-R type: Standard 1099-R, CSA-1099-R, CSF-1099-R, RRB-1099-R.

[NOTE: When you get to the "Your 1099-R Entries" screen where you can add another 1099-R, use "continue" to keep going as there are additional interview questions after that screen in most cases. You can always return as shown above.]

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies