Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Unemployment benefits question

I am hoping someone here has some insight. 

i applied for unemployment and stupid me calculate wrong the gross $ for the severance pay. My last day of work was 6/21 but i dont receive my last pay check until 6/28. So…I knew the gross amount but calculated wrong…it is less than what it should be.

does unemployment verify the actual $ amounts i provided before approving my unemployment or should i correct this amount once i receive the actual check. 

i am not sure the impact overall or if it even matters in the end. The online form approved me for the max weekly amount already.

Does it matter? Am i over thinking?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Unemployment benefits question

This is a user forum where we can answer income tax questions and questions about using the tax software.  You are asking a question about your application for unemployment benefits and have not even mentioned what state you are in.   This is a question for the state unemployment office.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies