turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Stimulus Answers please!

Thanks for that info!! Did you receive it to a Turbo Tax debit card or traditional bank? 

I didn't receive 2nd email saying payment is on the way, only got 1st one.

LMC6
Level 2

Stimulus Answers please!

I used an older pre-paid card from Issues by IRS during previous tax seasons (US Bank) which posted my 1st check also. 

With Traditional bank debit cards it’s usually between 1a - 7a they post. But with stimulus   Because of urgency the banks could be making exceptions and posting as they come in. 

Stimulus Answers please!

I have the prepaid Turbo Tax debit card and received both my refund & 1st stimulus with no problem. I am just concerned because I can't get a straight answer from anyone. And keep getting cut off when I try to call. I know they are really swamped but it's stressful not knowing what is going on.

JakePertile
Returning Member

Stimulus Answers please!

So i keep getting an email saying that my stimulus is being deposited to my account but according to the IRS website it still says my payment can't be tracked. Am I getting this payment or not? What happened with Turbotax that our payment wouldn't go through as easily as the first time? I have a newborn and could really use this money rn!

Stimulus Answers please!

THANKS TURBOTAX, I WOKE UP TODAY WITH MY STIMILUS FOR ME AND MY 3 KIDS DEPOSITED INTO MY BANK ACCOUNT, I WAS REALLY WORRIED , I REALLY APPLAUD TURBOTAX NO LYING AND GETTING US OUR MONEY< HANG IN THERE PEOPLE< ITLL COME, AND  IF IT DONT YOULL GET IT AT TAX TIME. THANKS A MILLION< ILL BE A HAPPY RETURNING CUSTOMER

Stimulus Answers please!

GOT MINE TODAY< THANKS TURBOTAX< ILL BE RETURNING AGAIN 

Stimulus Answers please!

I DON'T NEED IT AT TAX TIME! I NEED IT NOW! IT TOOK TEN MONTHS TO GET MY TAXES LAST YEAR!

Stimulus Answers please!

I had gotten mine yesterday in my checking. The irs site still shows the same response though - payment not available. Yours should come Monday hopefully 

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Stimulus Answers please!

The IRS information is wonky because you are in the second group.  

If you pay your fees upfront, then you deal directly with the IRS.

If you choose to have fees taken from your refund, your money goes through a bank. All tax companies must do this. There was a problem for all in dealing with this third party. It is now resolved and deposits began January 8 for those customers.  

If however, you still have not received your stimulus by January 25, you can claim it on your tax return. The IRS begins accepting returns January 25.

Please see: Is My Second Stimulus Check on the way?

@JakePertile & @amatoa2018  I hope you have them by now or this week, good luck!

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Stimulus Answers please!

@AmyC I appreciate the response. Unfortunately I do not have my deposit. I am praying I do not end up having to claim it on taxes. I owe the IRS and they have already confirmed that the credit will be applied to my debt so I won't see any of it. And even if I was able to claim and receive it as a refund, my transcript shows a refund issued. The IRS rep said this will trigger an audit which will delay processing and that's on top of the delay we face due to the PATH Act. I don't feel that is fair at all. This stimulus is supposed to go to people to help during this horrible time but many may not get it because of a screw up that is out of our control. 

It's very stressful and frustrating. I am sorry for venting and I do sincerely thank you for responding. This is the first response I have received that actually gives information. 

Fingers crossed we get something this week!!

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Stimulus Answers please!

Oh how terribly frustrating for you! I know things are still being resolved at the IRS level. We are still waiting for information on how they will handle some issues.  I have not heard anything about your particular concern with the second stimulus. It could be possible based on the first round though.

My fingers are crossed and hoping for the best for you. We are always here to help. As we learn, we are glad to share. We also appreciate your sharing.

Thank you for the information.

LMC6
Level 2

Stimulus Answers please!

It actually seemed like more of an ACH data misroute. I mean somebody had to see that thousands of payments were ALL going to the same place and you would think that was part of their validation process before pushing out the payments.

Inside Error or Job - dependent on how you look at it. 

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

Stimulus Answers please!

@amatoa2018.  The issue should be resolved, but, in the official company release, it did mention that it could take a few business days for the payment to process and reflect in your bank account,  In addition, the IRS also will update their website, but this might not reflect until Monday or Tuesday also.  Your stimulus payment should be in process.

@LMC6  It was an error.  You may have noticed that the IRS tried to push these payments out almost immediately.  Unfortunately, they did not check on these temporary bank accounts used to have preparer fees withheld from a refund.  It was "quick" to find the issue, but it unfortunately can't be resolved as instantaneously as that.  We have been happy to work with the IRS to get this corrected as so many people really are counting on these funds.

Stimulus Answers please!

@DanielV01 thank you. Last question....I just read the latest IRS statement and it addresses those payments that were sent to accounts that are closed. My account is still open and active for Turbo debit card. Will those be corrected also?

Thank you again for your help!!

LMC6
Level 2

Stimulus Answers please!

Oh I do understand. 
I can honestly say better late than never. 
It’s the part where some could be forced to claim it on their return as a result of the error. That’s truly unfair as nothing of the sort was stated prior to funds going out. Stimulus is meant for all. The moment I read Tax Rebate I almost cried...they must fix this and either send a debit card or check. 

Do Not Make The American People Pay for Their Error. 

Whether Trump supporter or not. We’ve all done our part and deserve the funds just like everyone else. 

Thank You For Your Help Turbo, this discussion group is most helpful. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies