turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What are you moving to now that Mint is shutting down?

Wondering what folks are planning to migrate to now that Mint is shutting down. I've used it since 2009 or so... feels like my whole financial life is in there. It was never perfect, but I still found it incredibly helpful. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

82 Replies

Is Quicken an option?

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is one of the more disappointing announcements. I would have gladly paid a subscription for this service but I don’t think intuit ever attempted that.  Credit Karma is garbage. The utility of this type of aggregator is so high… I think there are alternatives but I have not checked them out in detail. I’ve heard good things about monarch. 

Where can I see the official notification?  I've heard this too but haven't seen anything official from Mint.  There's lots of reddit threads, etc and other articles about this on the web but I'm also curious what other folks are gonna switch to.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have read some reviews of Enpower. It sounds like it has the most features that Mint had of all the options. Plus it's free like Mint is/was.  I too have not seen anything official from Intuit, nor have I received an email or pop up asking me to switch to Credit Karma.

I have been an Empower user since it was Personal Capital, and they STILL don't offer a feature to set category budgets. If they add that, I could pretty easily make the switch.

@jhoff909 here are details on the Credit Karma support page: https://support.creditkarma.com/s/article/Intuit-Mint-and-Credit-Karma

Is Mint moving to Credit Karma?

Thank you for being a Mint user! Mint will go away, but some of the most popular Mint-like features are available on Intuit Credit Karma, and you will be able to bring the majority of your Mint financial account balances, historical net worth, and 3 years of transactions over to Credit Karma. 

Minters who move to Credit Karma will have access to Credit Karma’s suite of features, products, tools and services, including some of Mint’s most popular features. We know the most active Minters use Mint to monitor their cash flow and track their spending, and on Credit Karma, you will have the ability to track your net worth and monitor your spending habits, transactions and cash flow, including visual insight into how your spending and cash flow tracks month-over-month, and broken down by spending category. 

We are intentionally phasing the rollout to Mint users to ensure the best experience. You should be notified multiple times within the Mint app and via email, once you can begin moving your financial account data to Credit Karma, if you choose to do so. Until then, you can continue using Mint. You also have the option to download your Mint transaction data for a month beyond when Mint’s features are no longer available. 

Once you move your Mint financial account data to Credit Karma, you will no longer be able to access your Mint profile. 

Brisco66

I have loaded all of the identical accounts into Empower, and while it's not as glossy as Mint, it immediately gives me the same visibility into my accounts and transactions. One of my account institutions actually synchs a bit better. It has budgeting features, but I haven't tested part yet.

I would go straight to Credit Karma, but CK doesn't have an ad-free version. I was paying for a no-ad experience through the google play store, but CK does not have that option, and it's a deal-breaker for me.

Stressing beyond belief! This is my go to app! I recently signed up for the paid version to get better graphing….now it’s going away? Please say it is not true!

This move wasn't for customers seems really difficult to explain. Any alternatives to TurboTax since we have to move off Mint might look at dropping Turbo as well.

bdelegan

Intuit says they are pushing Mint users to CreditKarma. I tried CK and it is terrible for a budgeting app... not designed for that use case. I've landed on Rocket Money as the best fit for my purposes. You have to pay to get Net Worth which I have through Fidelity.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just learned that Mint is shutting down.  What a disgrace.  No way in Hell I'm using Credit Karma.  Thank you, Intu-**bleep**.

Thanks for sharing this. We're less than 2 months out from their shut-down date and from what I'm finding the majority of us haven't heard a peep from Intuit.
This move is absolute crap! Credit Karma has nothing to do with budgeting, so is not an actual option for a substitute.

I don't need to share all my financial information with someone to just have a fancy way of viewing my transactions and get sales recs. My bank can do that, thanks.

For the actual original question here, I've been recommended by friends to check out YNAB (the heavy favorite amongst my financial sector friends), Monarch, Tiler, or Nerd Wallet. I think Nerd Wallet is the only free option out of these though.

I will look at You Need a Budget (YNAB) and Quicken since I"ve heard good things.

https://www.quicken.com/lp/ppc/simplifi-vs-mint

Agree this is a really disappointing decision. 

Removal of budgets and reporting is a non-starter.   I am also surprised more information isn't available in the email,  including timing information (how much warning will we have? -The Mint app will shut down on Jan. 1, 2024 says the internet) and more screenshots (what can we expect in the new interface?)  

Also, I DON'T CARE ABOUT MY CREDIT SCORE.

Right now I feel like there has been very little consideration given to feature parity or user retention.  If so, they should expect to lose LOTs of us AND our PII on the MINT and INTUIT sides of the house. Maybe they will decide to add some features instead? I would encourage people to post here and/or upvote if you agree. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with what I have been reading in this thread. This seems like a bad change, intuit seems to shuting down a superior product, in order to shoehorn everyone into an inferior product. If Intuit is doing this because it is costing too much to maintain Mint, and they are not getting enough revenue from keeping it running, then shut off the free version, and make people pay. Going full blast with the hatchet is going make a lot of people upset. Mint has helped me and my family so much over the years, it's really sad that its just going to die.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies