Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

SharonA3

What are you moving to now that Mint is shutting down?

I tried Empower and it seems to do the job.

When logging in, have not seen a formal Mint announcement about shutting down. When are they going to tell us officially?

Wheatp

Credit Karma does not have portfolio management or budgeting so it’s useless. Empower is a Mint wanna be that does not perform well, account set up is buggy, and offers no budgeting. We are being left high and dry.

Started Using Mint over 10 years ago for the budgeting and financial features vs MS Money.  Love it as is and need all the features.  I do hope this is not a done deal! 

If so, hope there will be a substantial time period once notified to transfer all my Mint history and data.  Trouble is to what? Keep throwing out suggestions.

I've not seen an official announcement or an email either and have been using Mint for 14 years. So far, I haven't found anything comparable that is free and Quicken doesn't come close to having what I'm looking for in terms of budgeting and net worth. It's very disappointing to see this is going away...not really sure how they think Credit Karma is comparable. I've had a CK account forever and couldn't tell you the last time I logged on, where I check Mint almost every day. Very unhappy about this resource going away with no viable alternative. 

Whatever it is, it won’t be to CreditKarma. It has barely any function beyond checking your credit score, and mine is always fine, so the program is basically useless. 
Has anyone tried “Empower”? It has many of the same features as Mint, plus it’s better at monitoring investments. 

Any suggestions?

I think CreditKarma will have more features once you get moved over to it - apparently at some point you will get prompted to.  That said, I've setup Empower and like it.  There are 2 issues for me that I see:
1)  You can't import any historical data so you'll need to download your data (transactions) from Mint then you'll have them as .csv files.

2)  Auto values don't pull from KBB so you just have a static value for your car assets.  House does pull from Zillow like Mint does.

Plus for me is it gets my in investment data correctly - Mint was missing the data for my unmanaged assets in my Bernstein accounts.  Empower has this correct which means my net worth is correct 🙂

I've tried my credit union (BECU) offering and didn't like it and also tried Fidelity's and had issues there too.  I plan to try out CreditKarma once I get moved over and potentially keep both running for awhile.  I may also try Simplifi and Monach.

Good luck!

Jhoff 909,

Thanks for your lengthy, thoughtful reply. I've found some of the same things. I too, have Empower, and it seems to do many of the old Mint things and I'm especially glad that it can handle my investments and Mint had troubles with that.  I've read about Simplifi and Monach, so I may give them a try later. 

Meanwhile, it seems to me that unless you are very concerned about your credit rating, there's no real reason to sign up for CK. It's a bit of an embarrassment that Intuit would recommend a program that keeps you posted on your credit rating as a replacement for a robust account aggregator. I'll take your advice, though, and hold out a final judgement for a while to see if they add to it and make it more useful.

Thanks. Will try empower. I liked mint for keeping track of all my investments across 4 or 5 platforms. It had some limitations but at least brought everything together in one place. Don’t need budgeting or credit info. I hear Quicken might also be good and I might try that as well. Thanks

Are you saying that Fidelity provides network for free?

Yes, apparently Fidelity offers connecting all accounts for free...only problem is it only works from a computer and cannot be followed online via phone or app.

I just moved everything to Monarch.  It is missing some of the custom reporting but its on the roadmap and is pretty good. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I started Dave Ramsey's Every Dollar today and removed Mint from my phone.  Now to delete my account entirely.

Hi Standuncan - well of course as soon as I tooted Empower's virtues, they are having issues with Fidelity - my accounts (netbenefits accounts - employer retirement funds) are now listed twice inflating my net worth...  seems to be related to switching over to OAUTH (https://support-personalwealth.empower.com/hc/en-us/articles/4414063333783-New-Account-Linking-Proce...)

I played with Fidelity's offering a bit and found it buggy (some accounts listed twice and some other stuff I don't recall).  And they let you get to it with only a Netbenefits account but it's kinda painful.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies