Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What are you moving to now that Mint is shutting down?

Has anyone used Quicken? Does that work to keep track of all investment accounts and savings etc? I dont really need budgeting though it is nice to see my spending by category. I am now going to try Quickbooks Online but it is a lot more complex than MINT. Why dont they just charge for the app and improve it? There is such a big gap in the market for this. Especially something that connects to iPads and phones as I rarely use a computer anymore and that was the beauty of Mint. I could check all my accounts in one place on the phone.

JHoff

Bad news about Empower and Fidelity, but I'll hang in with them for a while longer to see if It is permanent.

mikka

I'm sad and disappointed that this app is going away. It's discouraging that Intuit hasn't considered keeping Mint as a paid service. Nay, I'm surprised it wasn't the first option for Intuit, considering it could stream steady revenue from many users who would happily pay to continue years of satisfied usage.

I am also looking for an acceptable substitute. I haven't tried any of the options mentioned in this thread, but I did find this comparison article:

https://www.pcmag.com/picks/the-best-personal-finance-services

I have signed up for Quicken and quickbooks to evaluate which works best to replace Mint and will advise from my perspective. As stated earlier, I trade on 4-5 platforms and have 5 different banks CD’s etc and need one place to pull everything in on mobile device. No budgeting needed but spending by categories would be nice. Will keep you posted which worked best.

BobW3

I really like mint. It's very simple and easy to use very little advertising It's perfect for the way I like to look at things. I'm not very interested in moving to Credit Karma as it is a lot of fluff and unnecessary things that I don't use and I don't really like it! I wish they would keep mint going because it's perfect for what I use it for.

Monarch had a black Friday /cyber Monday deal for 30 days free /half price for a year, so I'm trying that. It allows you to carry over historical data from mint, but not sure how seamless it is yet. 

dheadley

I also like Empower, but in addition to what you mentioned,

1) you cannot add manual transactions. So if you pay for anything with cash or get cash, you can't add it to Empower.

2) you can't categorize your budgets

3) it doesn't seem like Empower "learns" from prior transactions (i.e., instead of making all "Amazon" purchases "shopping" it defaults to "Credit Card" presumably because it is first in the list?

I use Mint solely for budget management/tracking and less for investment so these are 3 downsides for me.

I agree. For the time being I'm going with Empower, but I agree with you (and others) that it doesn't some of the features of Mint. There's nothing in CK that excites me, so I won't go there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I moved over to Tiller about a month before Mint shutdown was announced. It has been great. I moved originally so that I could use excel and customize things a bit more. I was with Mint since college in 2015 and loved it. But Tiller is better even I think and can be used with excel or google sheets. 

I tried YNAB and it’s not user friendly, it’s complicate having to assign your cash to your budgets (why??) 

I would ask further, if I'm not in need of setting up budgets, why would I need YNAB? And if I don't need to work on my credit report, why do I need Credit Karma? It seems to me that the closest option is Empower. It's not as robust and easy to work with as Mint, but it covers most of the basics and works (slightly) better with investments. 

Just moved over to Credit Karma and it is completely useless and devoid of any redeeming value.  It DOES NOT resemble Mint or any of its functionality in the least bit.  This seems like they deliberately want to lose users.  I've been a Mint user since 2010 and feel like all of the work I've put into budgeting and monitoring my personal finance has gone out the window.  Will give Empower a shot but from what I've seen so far their budgeting function is extremely lacking and doesn't really help me track category spending (vs. budget) month over month.

Will be deleting all of my accounts/information from Intuit and will be using H&R Block for my tax returns going forward just out of spite.

Anita26

Like @standuncan, budgets and credit score tracking is not what I need, so YNAB and CK are not for me. I want to easily keep an eye on transactions across all accounts to make sure everything is okay, and see how I'm tracking towards savings goals. I tried the Empower PER app on my android mobile device, which is free, and I'm pleasantly surprised by the investment and retirement planning features which I find to be much better than Mint. As others have reported, categorization isn't as advanced.

I have signed up for Credit Karma, Quicken and Quickbooks Online to see which would be best once MINT goes away. By far QUICKEN is better than QUICKBOOKS ONLINE, and Credit Karma is an absolute joke and more advertising trying to sell creditcards and loans than actually keeping track of finances. QUICKEN not as simple as MINT, but so far the best alternative. They couldb't pay me to use Credit Karma. I actually called tech support to see if I could opt for a paid version without all the advertising. This is not an option.

Credit Karma is only an advertising site. I found it completely useless and no paid version available to avoid the bombardment of loan offers, creditcard offers etc. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies