Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Todono

Stimulus payment issue

I have not yet filed for 2019 but I filed my 2018 taxes in 2019 using TurboTax. I received my refund via direct deposit (NOT via the TurboTax card). I am eligible for the stimulus payment from the IRS, but still get the familiar "Payment Status Not Available" when I check the status.

The only problem I can see is that I used TurboTax to file. Anyone else with the same problem? Is there also a payment holdup for TurboTax users who did not get a refund on the TurboTax card, but got direct deposit instead?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Stimulus payment issue

The IRS Get My Payment has nothing to do with TurboTax.  It is an IRS app, which they have been having trouble with the app.

The Get My Payment application will return "Payment Status Not Available" for several reasons, including:

• You are required to file a tax return, but:
    • We haven't finished processing your 2019 return
    • The application doesn't yet have your data; we’re working on adding more data to allow more people to use it.

• You don't usually file a return, and:
    • You used Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here but we haven’t processed your entry yet
    • You receive an SSA or RRB Form 1099 or SSI or VA benefits; information has not been loaded onto our systems yet for people who don’t normally file a tax return.
  • You’re not eligible for a payment (see Eligibility).

We update Get My Payment data once per day, overnight so there is no need to check more often. If you are eligible for a payment and have provided your information either through a recent tax return or the Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here application, please check back for updates.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Stimulus payment issue

@Todono - from all the other posts i've read I get the distinct impression that the IRS is processing the stimulus' where the 2019 tax return has been filed and de-prioritizing where the 2019 tax return is still missing. 

Any reason you can't move ahead and file, even though the deadline isn't until July 15.  If you owe, you can still file but not send the payment until July 15.  

here is the IRS FAQ: 

Payment Status Not Available – We cannot determine your eligibility for a payment at this time. For example, this could mean:

• The application doesn't yet have your data; we’re working on adding more data to allow more people to use it.
    • You used Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here but we haven’t processed your entry yet
    • You receive an SSA or RRB Form 1099 or SSI or VA benefits; information has not been loaded onto our systems yet for people who don’t normally file a tax return.

Stimulus payment issue

The IRS Get My Payment has nothing to do with TurboTax.  It is an IRS app, which they have been having trouble with the app.

The Get My Payment application will return "Payment Status Not Available" for several reasons, including:

We update Get My Payment data once per day, overnight so there is no need to check more often. If you are eligible for a payment and have provided your information either through a recent tax return or the Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here application, please check back for updates.

eds1

Stimulus payment issue

I'm also having this exact issue, so you aren't alone. I know there are issues if you used a tax prep service, I just want to know how and when that problem will be undone.

GiseleD
Expert Alumni

Stimulus payment issue

According to the IRS FAQs:

Get My Payment will display one of the following payment statuses:

1. Payment Status (one of two statuses) –

• A payment has been processed, a payment date is available, and payment is to be sent either by direct deposit or mail.
  • You are eligible, but a payment has not been processed and a payment date is not available.

2. Need More Information – You are eligible for a payment, but we do not have your direct deposit information. You will be given the opportunity to provide your bank information once you have properly verified your identity. Direct Deposit is the fastest way to get your EIP.

3. Payment Status Not Available – We cannot determine your eligibility for a payment at this time. For example, this could mean:

If a payment date is not provided, updates to your payment status are made no more than once per day.

@eds1

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Todono

Stimulus payment issue

Thanks for the replies, even if they were mostly repeats of information I already know. I can and have read the same things about statuses in the IRS website, and I am aware that the "get my status tool" has nothing to do with TurboTax. Perhaps my original question wasn't clear, so let me clarify:

1) I am sure I qualify for this benefit.

2) I filed with TurboTax in 2019, for the 2018 tax year. I received my refund via direct deposit, not through the TurboTax card (therefore the IRS has my correct bank account information).

3) I have not yet filed this year, for the 2019 tax year.

4) I still get the "cannot determine status" message at this time in the IRS tool.

My question was, is there anyone else who, like me, 1) is sure that they qualify, 2) used TurboTax in 2019 to file for the 2018 tax year and received a refund via direct deposit from the IRS and not the TurboTax card, and 3) has not received the benefit and cannot get any further information?

Julie 1

Stimulus payment issue

Having same problem received my refund through direct deposit in March still waiting for stimulus check talked on phone with 2 times should have gotten it already they said info was correct but no stimulus or info about it available  said to call back in a week???? Most have gotten theirs in the mail already. 

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

Stimulus payment issue

There are actually still millions of taxpayers waiting for payments and the IRS is expected to continue to process payments throughout the balance of the year. 

You can continue to check for updates here: IRS Get my Payment Tool but there aren't any tricks or tips to speed up the process.

As a worst case scenario, any payment not received prior to the end of the year can be claimed as a refundable credit on your 2020 tax return when you file in 2021. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stimulus payment issue

Todono, I have a very similar situation. The link to my post is below. If you and I have these kinds of problems, I imagine there are tens of thousands of people who have all kinds of problems. We'll have to wait for IRS to correct all their mistakes. Calling in doesn't seem to work.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/other-financial-discussions/discussion/eligible-for-stimulus-check...

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Stimulus payment issue

This FAQ site may answer your questions.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies