turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Stimulus Check

My daughter is 19 years old and I claimed her as  a dependent on my 2019 tax filing. Although I claimed her as a dependent she was not eligible for a child tax. I received my stimulus check and did not receive  a payment for my daughter.

my question  is she eligible for stimulus check. if yes how do I file a request for IRS

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Stimulus Check

No you do not get stimulus money for your 19 year old.  People get $500 for children 16 or younger.  And dependents do not receive stimulus checks, so she will not receive a check.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Stimulus Check

Oh----so you understand---you only get the child tax credit for a child 16 or younger.   You lost the child tax credit when she turned 17.  Now you get the $500 credit for other dependents for your 19 year old dependent.

CREDIT FOR OTHER DEPENDENTS

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4499708-what-is-the-500-credit-for-other-dependents-family-tax-cre...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies