turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

RP19
Returning Member

Stimulus Answers please!

This is what I am curious about too. The IRS and the Turbo tax sites are not specifically addressing people who DID receive the email and still have Not Available on IRS website.

RP19
Returning Member

Stimulus Answers please!

Is the IRS status tool not updated yet for tubo tax customers?

Stimulus Answers please!

If i got an email from Turbo Tax does that mean I'm getting the stimulus, even though the IRS website still says "status not available "?

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

Stimulus Answers please!

For clarification, not receiving an email is not the ultimate indicator that your stimulus is not being processed.  The announcement released earlier does state that it can take a few business days for banks to process, so the vast majority will see their accounts deposited soon.  But in the worst-case scenario where the IRS is unable to direct deposit and cannot send a check or a debit card, then it will be necessary to claim the stimulus as additional refund on the 2020 tax return.  But again, the vast majority will see their accounts deposited within the next few business days.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
DanielV01
Expert Alumni

Stimulus Answers please!

Yes.  Please note the following update: 

We are happy to share that stimulus payments will begin to be deposited on January 8th for millions of our customers affected by the IRS error.  We expect most of these payments to be available that day, but banks could take a few business days to process. Payment will be deposited into the same bank account that customers received their 2019 tax refund.

Customers receiving a stimulus payment will receive an email from TurboTax letting them know their stimulus payment is on the way.  We have been working tirelessly with the Treasury and IRS to get stimulus payments to our customers.  We know how important these funds are for so many Americans and we regret that an IRS error caused a delay.

Please note the following page for additional information:  Why Haven’t I Received My Second Stimulus Check?

We are unable to provide specific information for a taxpayer's stimulus status in this forum, however.  In a worst-case scenario where the stimulus payment cannot be received, it would be necessary to claim it as part of the 2020 tax filing and increase the refund.  But the vast majority should be able to have their stimulus provided by direct deposit, check, or debit card.

Stimulus Answers please!

I got the TurboTax email. Bit the IRS website still say status not available. Does this mean I'm getting the stimulus ?

I guess my real question is did turbo tax only send the email to people getting stimulus or all customers? 

LMC6
Level 2

Stimulus Answers please!

Will this be a separate email outside of the 2 we have already received?

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

Stimulus Answers please!

The IRS website may take a day or two to update, and bank processing could also take a couple of business days.  Every effort is being made to reach clients individually.  However, if you have received the second email, then your direct deposit should be in processing regardless of what is reflected on the IRS website.

Stimulus Answers please!

I didn't get the email either.

Stimulus Answers please!

So if we didn't receive the 2nd email, does that mean ours isn't processing? 

Stimulus Answers please!

So if we don't receive the email then we won't receive our stimulus even though we qualify and paid for your services out of our refund? If we filed with Turbo Tax in 2018 but haven't filed in 2019 would that affect our stimulus?

Stimulus Answers please!

I got email last night also. Still have status unavailable on IRS website. But my check just went into my bank a few minutes ago. Yay...

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

Stimulus Answers please!

@Swampn4  Please note the comments posted in the thread above.  Not receiving an email yet does not mean that your stimulus payment is not being processed.  But every effort is being made to communicate individually with those affected.

Stimulus Answers please!

Thanks for your swift reply.

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

Stimulus Answers please!

On the IRS website, it may take a few days to reflect the updated information, but we can confirm that they are being processed, and that within a few business days depending on bank processing, you should receive the payment in your account.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies