turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

SWaldron
Returning Member

Stimulus Answers please!

Thank you for your response, however in your own reply you state "Customers receiving a stimulus payment will receive an email from TurboTax letting them know their stimulus payment is on the way." So those of us that haven't gotten a single email from Turbo Tax will not be getting our stimulus? Just to clarify.

SWaldron
Returning Member

Stimulus Answers please!

also, I have checked my inbox/spam and trash and there is no email from TurboTax

Stimulus Answers please!

This doesn’t answer the question. Does this also apply to the people still getting “status not available” messages? Please stop skipping the question. 

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

Stimulus Answers please!

The announcement is a general announcement.  In this forum we are unable to address why some may not have yet received an email.  In general, however, this does apply to those who receive "status not available", as this has been tied into the issue that TurboTax has been striving to solve with the IRS.  Thank you for your continued understanding as we try to provide timely updates as they become avaialble.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Stimulus Answers please!

I did receive an email stating that my payment was on its way but GMP still says unavailable and there is several conflicting messages around. 

due to receiving the email, I should in fact be receiving this payment? Regardless of what GMP says?

SWaldron
Returning Member

Stimulus Answers please!

TurboTAx.jpg

Looks like I won't be getting mine, since i Haven't gotten the email. That is what I am getting from this. But I don't understand. I have used TT for 8 years and have the same address and banking information. I am so confused.

Missy1029

Stimulus Answers please!

I received both emails but my bank says to deposits pending?

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

Stimulus Answers please!

Every effort is being made to communicate with customers.  In general, however, the following announcement has been made:

We are happy to share that stimulus payments will begin to be deposited on January 8th for millions of our customers affected by the IRS error.  We expect most of these payments to be available that day, but banks could take a few business days to process. Payment will be deposited into the same bank account that customers received their 2019 tax refund.

Customers receiving a stimulus payment will receive an email from TurboTax letting them know their stimulus payment is on the way.  We have been working tirelessly with the Treasury and IRS to get stimulus payments to our customers.  We know how important these funds are for so many Americans and we regret that an IRS error caused a delay.

Please note the following page for additional information:  Why Haven’t I Received My Second Stimulus Check?

It may still take a few days of bank processing to see the deposit in your account, and further communication with you may yet be forthcoming.  However, we are unable to provide any customer's specific status in this public forum.  Thank you for bearing with us as we work through this situation together.

Missy1029

Stimulus Answers please!

so this is just a generic reply to every question

Stimulus Answers please!

Yup pretty much! Ugh 

though the difference in our emails (I think) is that it begins with “Great news, your payment is on its way!” Unless there is another email I didn’t get. 

would be nice if we could get direct answers 

aerysta
Returning Member

Stimulus Answers please!

Same for me. I have used turbo for 7 years in a row. Absolutely nothing has changed in my situation, not my banking, address or employment. My status as of this morning on IRS website still says unavailable. I don't even have another bank account for the stimulus to be deposited into nor have I ever used the card they offer. I received the first stimulus no problem and I can get NO answers as to why I am one of the people not getting it now. I got the 2 emails says "we're going to deposit it today" and I check my account and nothing and no change in status on IRS website. I am beyond frustrated. 

Stimulus Answers please!

I read that if you do not receive the 2nd email that went out yesterday (1/7) regarding the deposits beginning today, that it means there isn't enough info to process the deposit.

I received the first email "Stimulus is on the way" on 1/6 but not the most recent. Will this affect my deposit???

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

Stimulus Answers please!

Please note the following update: 

We are happy to share that stimulus payments will begin to be deposited on January 8th for millions of our customers affected by the IRS error.  We expect most of these payments to be available that day, but banks could take a few business days to process. Payment will be deposited into the same bank account that customers received their 2019 tax refund.

Customers receiving a stimulus payment will receive an email from TurboTax letting them know their stimulus payment is on the way.  We have been working tirelessly with the Treasury and IRS to get stimulus payments to our customers.  We know how important these funds are for so many Americans and we regret that an IRS error caused a delay.

Please note the following page for additional information:  Why Haven’t I Received My Second Stimulus Check?

Stimulus Answers please!

Is the email you’re talking about the one from early this morning starting with 

“great news, your stimulus payment is on its way!”?

RP19
Returning Member

Stimulus Answers please!

Websites are not specifically addressing people who:

1) Received the email that the issue has been resolved and a payment is coming BUT

2) IRS website still has Not Available on get my payment tool.

Can you comment on this specific group of people?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies