turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Receiving Past Stimulus Checks

Hello. I am extremely new to all of this. I filed my taxes for the first time for the 2020 year. I got my refund already. Now I am eligible for the 3rd Stimulus, I got that part. What I am not understanding is that on the IRS website there is something called the 2020 Recovery Rebate Credit. I am not sure what that is, what I need to do to get it or if I am even eligible for it. I didn't file my taxes for 2019, my parents did that. So I'm not sure what to do. Someone please help.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
RayW7
Expert Alumni

If this is your first year filing I am guessing the stimulus payment will be the only part of the Recovery Act that will be of interest to you, however please follow the link below for more detailed information.  

-follow this link for additional information-

What is the Recovery Rebate Credit and am I ... - TurboTax

Are you filing 2020 as a independent?  Did your parents claim you in 2019?   If you didn't  get the first 2 stimulus checks because you were a dependent in 2019 then you can get them on your return.  Check your tax return 1040 line 30 and see if anything got entered.  You should get 1200 for the first one and 600 for the second one for 1800.   When you filled out your return did you see the questions asking if you got the first 2?  There should have been a screen with 2 boxes.  If you didn't get either one you were suppose to enter a zero in each box.  

Nothing was entered on line 30. And I don't believe that I was prompted with the question about the previous checks. Is there a way I can double check that?

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies