Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

IRS Portal Now Open; Status Shows Turbo Tax Didn’t Give Enough Info For Me To Receive Payment

@Tjhutson1990 doesn't make sense to me. The other thing that doesn't make sense to me is that the IRS does have my correct direct deposit information from 2018's return, but stated they did not have that information. But I thought it said your 2018 or 2019 return. Oh well. I get it when I get it I guess. Good luck to you.

IRS Portal Now Open; Status Shows Turbo Tax Didn’t Give Enough Info For Me To Receive Payment

I keep entering my social , birthdate and address and the site keeps telling me that my information doesn’t match their records . Please help . This is my 4 th day trying the get my payment 

Pull up your TT  account. You can view your return there. Make sure no dashes in the social, make sure to put the / with the dob, and any abbreviations are spelled correct and you enter any symbols for the address. Just like what's on your 2019 return. You can look at you while return on the turbotax website. They'll go off your most recent tax return. So if you filed 2019 return that's the one you need to look at. If not then your 2018 return is the one you need. 

@Jeromym  they are going off the most recent return. Best of luck to you as well if you update and its direct deposit will you let me know please. And I'm about to contact  turbo and try to find something out. If it will help others I'll post here. 

I just checked the IRS portal and my check is being mailed out on the 24th. I entered my DD info in on Thursday and my status updated overnight and now I’m getting a check. So most of us may be receiving checks. Just a lil fyi, hope this helps some that are still wondering. 

LS13
Level 3

@Jeromym it says it will be dd this Wednesday. As of Wednesday, I kept doing what I had to do until the end of can't do anything else mode. I researched. I went to the TurboTax stimulus tool and I called TurboTax yesterday. Just keep checking everyday. It doesn't matter if it's the weekend, things are still being updated. I can't with TurboTax anymore. Good luck to you. 

@tford0219  yes this is true. I just got off chat with TurboTax rep. He said that even tho I updated my info Wednesday morning that I didn't do it fast enough and the IRS chose how to pay me. But he added this! Said to check the status once a day and that it could change to direct deposit because the 24th is still a week away. So can anyone help with this? Are the people who own back child suppose even eligible for this payment? If they are and the IRS sends it for back support? Then what if the custodial parent received state assistance say like tanf will the state keep the stimulus payment like they do the tax returns they get or would it actually go toward back child support. 

@LS13  you status changed from a check because g mailed on he 24th to direct deposit?? Or no! The turbo rep I spoke with said there is a chance my status could be changed from check mailed the 24th to dd into my account. 

Same thing happened to me....same exact process. 

LS13
Level 3

@Tjhutson1990 it went from no payment status to direct deposit. I have not seen anything about a check. It showed the last 4 digits of my bank account.

LS13
Level 3

@tford0219 from what I have read in numerous articles is that anyone who owes back child support, their check will be offset. It will either go to the custodial parent directly or the state if on any cash assistance I owe tanf. When it will be applied to child support account is unknown. If they didn't file returns, most likely they are not going to try and enter non filers information. I'm sure waiting to see if I'm going to get mine. Lol

I don’t pay child support, I receive it. Lol. I definitely don’t owe for tanf or my state. @LS13 

@LS13  when I updated my information Wednesday morning it showed the last 4 of my account number when the portal updated this morning it said a check would be mailed on the 24th 

LS13
Level 3

@tford0219 if he filed tax returns in 2018 and/or 2019, or if he has no clue that they are going to take the money and used the non filers portal, keep checking your child support account. Lol. I'll be right beside you doing the same. Lol

LS13
Level 3

@Tjhutson1990 that's strange. I hope mine stay at dd because I don't have time to wait on a paper check.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies