turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

IRS Portal Now Open; Status Shows Turbo Tax Didn’t Give Enough Info For Me To Receive Payment

@JoiAvie Did you have fees for filing and if so did you have to adjust your info based on it?

JoiAvie

IRS Portal Now Open; Status Shows Turbo Tax Didn’t Give Enough Info For Me To Receive Payment

Yes I had fees, but I  just used what was exactly on my tax return.

@JoiAvie @iPhoneGuy86 See that’s what I did. Just typed in the 1,007 but it said my info was not correct, which is confusing the hell out of me bc that’s what I used to check my refund back in February 

The FULL amount you put in is the amount you received from the IRS including State BEFORE your fees were deducted

@Sevette1112 I tried doing that, didn’t work for me. I went back to the “where’s my refund” the number it took was just my federal which was 1,007. Just don’t know why it wouldn’t work for updating my stimulus info. Thank you for your help, still kind of new to taxes and all, so thanks for the patience

Same happened to me. I'm sitting over here thinking that I'm okay...when really I'm not. I had a funny feeling about the turbo card....first time I ever decided to use it for my return...and now this...never again!  Oh and anyone else.out there patiently waiting for their money....better reconsider using their turbo card....because I have a feeling no stimulus payments will go on anyone's card. 

Your AGI is on line 8B

I tried to use the "free" version again because I had read that the IRS had been all over them to stop their deceptive practices and that they had complied.   Because I had more than W-2s to enter, I got a pop-up telling me I had to upgrade to Premier.  That was the same thing that happened to me last year, so I clicked "okay", knowing the charges would be around $130 (including state tax).   I received the same pop-up while doing my state taxes, so I clicked it again, only to find out later that I had somehow clicked on Premier Live which was $170 plus $55 for state.  I immediately called TurboTax and they not only refused a full refund, but they refused to downgrade to the Premier because I used the online tool.  I recall in the past that we were not charged until we actually filed.  This time, it charged me as soon as I entered my credit card information, and even though TurboTax said that a summary was provided prior to submitting the credit card information, I did not see it and I even used the "Back" button.  This company is despicable.  I haves logged a complaint with the Inspector General and submitted a request to reverse the charges with my bank, and I have refrained from submitting my taxes so I have maybe a small change in hell of getting my money back.

LS13
Level 3

How were you able to get this information? When I did the get your payment link it says not able to determine payment status at this time blah blah blah. 

Lisa 

Same here, fortunately we were able to input bank info on the IRS site! Hopefully that doesn't take too long for the IRS to process. I will never use Turbo Tax again...its been nothing but problems!!

LS13
Level 3

@iPhoneGuy86 How were you able to get the information? Did you go to the IRS website and changed it under non filers link? I need my funds as of yesterday. Lol. I was already thinking to re enter my info to make sure I got my funds, then I see all the posts on here and wish I would have went with my gut because I would have had them today.

@iPhoneGuy86 My name is Ashley! 

Ryan Bickers

I started a post almost 3 weeks ago about this exact same thing that all of this would happen but after much debate from people that were sooooo certain that because they talked to TurboTax, Greendot and Santa Barbara bank that they were all assured that Turbocard users will receive their direct deposit on their Turbo card. My post was to ask TurboTax to allow us to update our deposit info vs our refund being delayed and so that we wouldn’t have to wait for the IRS tool to release and be further delayed for deposit or for a mailed payment for that mattter.  It was like team forum we would receive deposit vs team forum we wouldn’t lol, 1000 plus posts later I was starting to doubt my original findings and Because I was skeptical of what so many people were assuring me of that we would receive the refunds via direct deposit etc, I went ahead and spoke with the IRS directly and I too was assured That  as long as the account info on our return matched to Turbocards Account info then it would auto deposit, well what we weren’t privy to was that behind the scenes a third party bank (Santa Barbara) was used to transmit our original tax returns. So because the bank that was used to transmit the funds doesn’t match the Greendot account that’s printed on our tax returns that this is why they won’t be transmitting Turbocard advance refund customers stimulus payments automatically unless you update the IRS directly. Also ANY prepaid card users that didn’t opt for advance refund but That the prepaid company that they use, ALSO uses a third party bank to put the funds they transmit into a temporary account aka (third party bank) when transmitting finds, that those users Too will also receive a paper check. So I would recommend to anyone that used one to receive your tax refund on to check your customer agreements/disclosures with that prepaid card company or call them to verify. From what I understand some prepaid companies use third party banks that are FDIC Insured so that their customers have the nice selling features that hey this prepaid bank you are using is just like a regular bank it’s not just a prepaid money account. The insurance basically states hey if your bank fails we will insure your money up to $250,000 just like the regular banks do. All venders whether is your utility or insurance company or the IRS for that matter will typically only refund back to the original source of payment and not a third party. So yes your prepaid card bank is performing with the same perks of a FDIC regular bank or credit union but it isn’t systematically functioning like one. Sorry for long winded answer but to hopefully save another thousand plus posts with debates.....,there it is, lord I hope not because this is the nerdiest I think I have ever felt with me actually taking the time to research all of that and to spend time posting on forums. Not that anyone who does forums is nerdy but for me It’s not my cup of tea. I did appreciate the helpful info and enjoyed hilarious posts and banter. Good luck everyone At least if a second stimulus payment issues hopefully this won’t happen to us again!! Cheers 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies