Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Completely shut out of the stimulus system after using TurboTax--"Get My Payment" portal DOES NOT WORK.

I filed my 2018 and 2019 taxes with TurboTax.  I received refunds both years.  I made under $75,000 both years and have a pretty normal tax form.  I paid for the TurboTax fees out of my refund, which appears to be part of the problem.

I have not received my stimulus check, and I actually need it quite badly.  Every time I post this question someone from TurboTax copy/pastes the same thing--go to the Get My Payment portal on the IRS website and make sure they have your proper bank info.

That. Does. Not. Work.  I get this error every single time (over a dozen tries now) after entering my SS# and other info:

irs.jpg

There's nothing unusual about my tax situation.  There's no reason to get this message at all.

There are news stories EVERYWHERE on how people who filed with TurboTax, H&R Block etc. are having this exact problem, and so far not a whisper from TurboTax as to what we're supposed to do.  TurboTax is mentioned directly by name in all of these articles:

Washington Post: https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/04/16/coronav[product key removed]lus-check/

US News & World Report: https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2020-04-17/why-you-still-havent-gotten-your-coron...

USA Today: https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2020/04/17/coronavirus-stimulus-ch[product key removed]ng-money...

Can someone, somewhere, please tell me what I'm supposed to do here?  I guess all I can do is keep posting this every day until someone answers.

AND AGAIN--Going to the Get My Payment portal does not work.  Please do not copy/paste that same response telling me to go there.

Thanks (hopefully) in advance.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Completely shut out of the stimulus system after using TurboTax--"Get My Payment" portal DOES NOT WORK.

this is the IRS FAQ on the matter from their website.  All roads lead to the IRS as they are the ones making the payments.  The payments go from the IRS directly to you.  TT has nothing to do with it.  Sorry for your struggles 

The Get My Payment application will return "Payment Status Not Available" for several reasons, including:

• You are required to file a tax return, but:
    • We haven't finished processing your 2019 return
    • The application doesn't yet have your data; we’re working on adding more data to allow more people to use it.
  • You don't usually file a return, and:
    • You used Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here but we haven’t processed your entry yet
    • You receive an SSA or RRB Form 1099 or SSI or VA benefits; information has not been loaded onto our systems yet for people who don’t normally file a tax return.
  • You’re not eligible for a payment (see Eligibility).

We update Get My Payment data once per day, overnight so there is no need to check more often. If you are eligible for a payment and have provided your information either through a recent tax return or the Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here application, please check back for updates.

NCperson -- That FAQ does nothing to help me, as pretty much as FAQ in online history don't.

I am eligible in every way they stipulate.  Also I do not fall under any of the ineligible guidelines.

Read any of the news stories I posted links to.  I'm paraphrasing but they ALL say the exact same thing---if you paid your TurboTax fees with your refund it was considered an "advance return loan".  The money went to temporary bank account numbers in Santa Clara, CA.  THEN TurboTax sent the remainder to you.  When the stimulus checks went out they were sent to those temporary numbers, NOT customers.  And there's the problem.

The articles also mention it happening to --millions-- (that with an "M") of tax prep company customers (H&R Block, TurboTax, etc.)  And from TurboTax on the matter--crickets.

well, the stimulus checks are coming directly from the IRS to you.  They do not stop at turbo tax on their way to you.   

and yes, I understand what you are saying about the temporary accounts.  if that is where the IRS sent the money, those are closed accounts and they money would "bouce back" to the IRS.  The IRS would then send out a paper check 

IRS FAQ:  

a letter about the Payment will be mailed to each recipient’s last known address within 15 days after the Payment is made. The letter will provide information on how the Payment was made and how to report any failure to receive the Payment.

NCperson-- thanks for that info, its actually useful.  I'll keep checking the mailbox.  Just frustrating as all hell with no response from TurboTax at all.  In fact the ONLY quote I've seen anywhere from a TT spokesperson was here---they actually said "the IRS has all TurboTax's customers' bank account information", which obviously they do not.  https://time.com/5825368/stimulus-payment-problems/

So not only are they not addressing it, they're lying about it when they do.  Just.... WTF?

@S_Kinison - read those TT messages closely.... 

technically, "the IRS has all TurboTax's customers' bank account information", is a true statement, but they don't have the RIGHT back account information 🙂   (the word "all" refers the customers and not the bank accounts!)

I keep getting this message Screenshot_20200514-122433_Chrome.jpg

@JB1974 

I finally got my stimulus check a week or so ago after I was finally able to give them my bank info.  It actually arrived the day before the date stated in their message to me like the one you received.  Is there any way to double check your direct deposit info?  Sounds like they're trying.  I can tell you my message still says "scheduled to be deposited on May 6", it doesn't change when its actually deposited to you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies