turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Anyone who updated DD info get their Stimulus check yet?

i read that too, i had updated mine by that thursday, i got nothing in my bank ??? this is frustrating.  When i check "mY payment" still says that it i will be depostied into my account but it does not give me a date.

good question, are those who set up for dd and not getting a check making from 0-10000? 

From what I am hearing now anyone who updated their DD info by this Thursday April 23rd should get it DD by Friday from what some sites are saying and others saying by next Wednesday but all say cutoff is by tomorrow so it's either Friday or next week we will see I guess they are running SSI DD first then going back to regular DD from what is seen on news outlets and other sites 

well the only card i have for now is a netspend card  so that means it will get rejected? 

@missalex1008  that’s what mine has been saying too and I updated on the 15th. Nothing has changed! 

I added my account the day the portal opened and it just keeps saying they will update me when they have a date

No you should be fine with your net spend card. 
what happened with the turbo tax card to a lot of people is that if you paid your tax preparation fees or you had a loan from your taxes then what they did is on your taxes they put a temporary account for your tax return to be deposited in so they were able to take the fees or loan amount and then they forwarded the balance to your TurboTax card and so that’s why a lot of people did not receive a DD when they sent out the stimulus money cause that temporary account no longer exists. 
For example- my son got his stimulus DD on his TT card but when I did his taxes they were free and he didn’t take  a loan or anything so the DD info on his return matched the TT card. 
mine on the other hand I didn’t get it cause I had taken a loan and paid fees from my tax return. 
I like a lot of you went on the portal the day it opened and when I put my info in it said they needed my DD info so I entered it in and used my bank account instead of tax card and then for a couple days after it kept saying when they had a date they would update and would be DD into my account. Then when it finally updated it said they are mailing me a check April 24th, so now I’m not sure if it’s just a error that it says check is being mailed or if it’s true. 
guess those of us who received that message will find out pretty soon. I will update with any info I receive or if I get a DD. 

I did the same thing. Filed. Received the advance. Got the Turbo Card. Never received the 1st round of stimulus. Went onto the IRS portal the day it opened, updated my personal account information and it said it will be updated when the payment date is available. Well a week later...STILL NO DD, still no updated date. So frustrating. 

@king12  Yes it’s extremely frustrating and it’s even more frustrating when you’re completely locked out of the portal 

I have dd card...it wont even allow me to sign into the irs all it keeps sayi g something aboit my info and cant determine my eligibility. Its just a big ole mess. Cannot contact anyone thru irs nor turbo ive even paid tbe extra 70 to have the turbo tax Deluxe when i filed my taxes in case of any audit issues or questions just so id have their help. And yet we dont have any option to contact them. Ive heard our stimulus isnt going thru ti our cards bc turbo used a tenporary banking acct# to give to the irs so that way they could deduct their service fees.so...were basically all on our own

Has anyone put a different account instead of TT get Their stimulus money DD on the new DD account yet?

I got my paper check today and cashed it today who says direct deposit is faster hmmm .

Got my paper check today it was postdated 24th and still cashed it I'm glad I didn't put in direct deposit. I hope you get your soon.

@meemeegreed  that's AMAZING!!! Congrats!! That gives me some hope, I'm still waiting for the **bleep** system to update and at least let me know if I'm getting dd or paper. I kinda wish I would've just let bygones be bygones and not even provided my dd info on get my payment. Might've been faster to just wait on the check🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

The 24th is a Friday. So checks will be put in an envelope and given to USPS to mail. Theyll be picked up maybe in mail trucks Sat and go to another main post office.  Nothing will move on Sunday. Monday they would prob be picked up again, and maybe make it to the states by tues. Theyll be sorted shipped to local post offices and maybe get there Wednesday. Then by Thursday they would make it out for delivery 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies