turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Anyone who updated DD info get their Stimulus check yet?

saraclower89

I am in the same situation but I made $12,000 last year. Guess we will find out Friday if your theory is correct. Fingers crossed 

It is right here--- It was on Yahoo Finance, as well as Forbes & CNET

I'm considering that it may be direct deposited because half of us that have that date make well over $10,000 a year

IRS Schedule For Mailing Paper Checks

Taxpayer Income Date Check Mailed
  • Earning $10,000 or less - April 24th
  • Earning $20,000 or less - May 1st
  • Earning $30,000 or less - May 8th
  • Earning $40,000 or less - May 15th
  • Earning $50,000 or less - May 22nd
  • Earning $60,000 or less - May 29th
  • Earning $70,000 or less - June 5th
  • Earning $80,000 or less - June 12th
  • Earning $90,000 or less - June 19th

@saraclower89 wrote:

It is right here--- 

• arning $10,000 or less - April 24th

Thanks, do you have a website link that shows those dates?

@saraclower89 wrote:

It is right here--- It was on Yahoo Finance, as well as Forbes & CNET

I'm considering that it may be direct deposited because half of us that have that date make well over $10,000 a year

• Earning $10,000 or less - April 24th

Looks like all of those sites got their information from a April 2, 2020 article from the Washington Post. 

That was almost two weeks before the IRS even opened their website for stimulus payments.  Many changes have take place since April 2.  Don't know how much credence I would give to an article that old.

It says it was posted today. .. If it were wrong or something has changed, I'm sure it will updated somewhere. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zackfriedman/2020/04/21/stimulus-checks-schedule/#620aa4f57b84

I'm just trying to find out, or really hope that it will be in the mail box on the 24th & we don't have to wait a couple more days, & I also made over 13,000 & still will have a schedule check on the 24th, cause it was sent back to IRS.

So they are not sending a check? They are gonna DD it even though the system Says sending a check? 

Unfortunately, we all seem to be in the same boat and are unsure if the system is glitching and saying we are being mailed a paper check or if the IRS was just dicking with us when it claimed that if you went to their portal and entered your DD info that they would DD your payment. I’m definitely hoping it’s a mistake and those of us who were prompted to enter our DD info and did successfully are really getting deposits that day. Fingers crossed for all of us that in a couple days we will have our money. 

The IRS pushed out a schedule of payments to be sent first, from the lowest income earners receiving their stimulus funds first up to the highest eligible. 

@RYANSHRY  I have the exact same issue. Been locked out several days now. It's driving me crazy.

Hi. The IRS had said before they would be issuing the stimulus payments, (direct deposits and checks) in waves. The first wave, last week was like 50 or 80 million. This week, the next tens of millions will be sent off, then the.following week. So basically one day each week the IRS will send tens of millions of payments to people all at once....Now for ur specific question the Treasury Ways and Means Committee said that if you update ur direct deposit information by a Thursday of one week, u will have the payment in your bank account the following week friday at the latest.  If you updated your direct deposit info last week when the site opened on wednsday or Thursday (15th or 16th) then you will have your payment this weel by friday (the 24th).   The IRS actually sends the payments to individual banks as soon as tomorrow, but then depending on how your bank processes the payments to each account, it may take them a day or two, whoch is why IRS is saying this weeks rounds will be in personal accounts by Friday the latest. Hope this helps. 

Had you checked the tool prior to today and got a different message? I entered my info the day the site opened as well, the following day i checked site again, and i got the response that i was eligible for payment and payment would be deposited, but no date yet. Now today when ive tried to log on, i keep gettong a message that says the info i entered doesnt match and there is no info available. I really hope my forst message of stating it would be put into direct deposit doesnt change to mailing a check

Check ur info people. These stories are written by people who are guessing when stuff will be mailed and sent out. Irs never said this is our schedule. Also the IRS did state that they would be sending out approx 50 to 100 million payments all together in waves on one day each week. The 24th is the date for this week. Some checks some direct deposits etc. Disability, social security recipient's,  some lower income people, but guessing its more like 40 thousand and under for the paper checks, and also IRS says.if we accepted ur direct deposit info when u submitted it to us before a thirsday of any given week, u will have the payment in ur account no later than the following friday. So im pretty sure site is glitching, if u entered direct deposit info and irs accepted it, you will get it in ur bank account. 

This is the problem with media. They speculate and write opinion pieces. The IRS never said any of this. All these sites were first reporting that no one would get any payment before late april. But many got them like the 10th. People need to trust and follow what the IRS website says, everything else is just heresay. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies