Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

ARH426

Anyone who updated DD info get their Stimulus check yet?

Let's hope that message is another glitch and that the money will be DD on Fri the 24th!

Turbo tax is crooks...they take ur money...lie about the service provided and play spin the wheel with customer service responses...irs has ur info...we are waiting for irs to tell us....etc....never again...if a million people pay them say 100 dollars for services that are entirely automated thats a hundred million dollars they made...for nothing but having a website...they are con artists at their finest...and those services that are paid for...where are the we got ur back responses they claim to have...**bleep**ing joke

I too am in the same boat, from my experience when I amended my taxes my check came on or after the day it said to be mailed but with everything going on who knows at this point it may be weeks

I agree

Well I put my DD info in they day after the link became available and I get the same message when I check the status of my payment. I'm hoping it mean I will receive a direct deposit on April 24th instead of them actually mailing me a check. Ugh. I started the bank account just to receive this payment. 

Mine still says they cannot determine eligibility so I have not even been able to put in any DD info....I have no idea what is going on with mine. So frustrating 

Well per the IRS, if we entered our information and it turns out they will send a check, the reason is the bank returned the check back to them and would not accept the funds. So if you used a turbo card they rejected the payment. I heard it was because they cant take fees from it.

@heavy2963 it's not a form number to supply the IRS. Simply go onto the IRS website and theres a button that says Get My Payment. From there it will ask you to confirm your Social security number, DOB, and address. Then if you are eligible for a payment you can enter your bank info as long as they are able to verify your identity. Hope this helps!!

I had to update my DD info too I changed it last Wednesday and after I got this message 

Screenshot_20200415-100504~2.png

And after that I keep getting locked out to check status 

Screenshot_20200418-031424.png

To all TT users, that had advances or fees taken out of their refund, through direct deposit, will receive a check, if you have already did your 2019 taxes & have DD information on file, no matter if you updated it or not, the information can not be change you will be mailed a check. I was in the same boat as all, I had my fees taken out my refund, I also had my DD information on file I used a TurboTax prepaid card, the IRS sent my stimulus check to the DD information I had on file, I was locked out the system for 3 days, then Saturday came & it stated a check will be mailed on the 24th, so to answer everyone's ? We will receive checks mailed, 5 million checks will be mailed once every Friday, starting with the lowest income to highest, til everyone has received their checkn You're only able to put in DD information if you haven't filed taxes for 2018 & 2019 it states it on the IRS site.

I updated my bank info on 4/16. My get my payment still shows they will direct deposit it and update when a date is available. I also found one article stating that if you update tour bank info by Thursday, you would receive a deposit the next Wednesday. Guess I’ll find out tomorrow. 

I as well filled out the DD information on 04/17 & it confirmed that it would deposit the payment once the IRS processed it. I got the notice on the portal on Sunday that we would be getting a check mailed on the 24th. I really hope it is only because they haven't processed all the DDs that went in on the same exact day! Because otherwise, what was the whole point of opening up the portal to opt in for DD in the first place?

saraclower89

Same here. I updated my info Wednesday on the portal too. I am beyond upset that we have to wait for a paper check. Then wait for paper check to clear my account. Almost 6 weeks with no work and still can't get through to unemployment.  This stimulus was intended to help people like us and we are all just stuck waiting!!!

I'm just hoping it is a glitch in the system & we will all receive DD payments on Friday (24th). Also, if we look up who is receiving the checks on the 24th, it's only for people who made $10,000 or less the year they filed their taxes. . That seems unlikely that everyone of the people who say they're getting paper checks on the 24th fall into making less than $10,000 a year. 

@saraclower89 wrote:

I'm just hoping it is a glitch in the system & we will all receive DD payments on Friday (24th). Also, if we look up who is receiving the checks on the 24th, it's only for people who made $10,000 or less the year they filed their taxes. . That seems unlikely that everyone of the people who say they're getting paper checks on the 24th fall into making less than $10,000 a year. 

Don't know where you got that $10,000 figure.  My granddaughter made over $10K and her stimulus check is being mailed on Friday, 04/24/2020

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies