Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

4/15/20 Stimulus Payment.

Well I know it's a bit early but still no Stimulus Payment. Tax fees taken out and also got advance. I honestly wouldn't be so dang hungry for the money but me and my family sure are HUNGRY! Was hoping first thing in the morning to do some food shopping but looks like that's a no-go.. I see other Banks and card holders are getting theirs already or over the last few days. Being jobless now with no unemployment payment in sight the funds are dangerously low. Hopefully everyone is doing well and I hope you people get your DD today.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

15 Replies

I received my refund on the Turbotax debit card, but also had a refund advance. This morning I went to Irs.gov and clicked on Get My Payment for the stimulus check. When I put my information in the needed additional information and I had to give them my direct deposit information again. You can check to see if your payment was already sent out if not they will request your direct deposit information. You will have to have your 2019 tax information ready because you will need your adjusted gross income and your refund amount. Hope this helps! 

Jmwilkinson
Returning Member

But why would we have to update it if we already filed and our refund was processed?

Bnich19

Because turbo tax is stupid. I literally had to do the same thing this morning. So pretty much we’ll be waiting until lord knows when to get our money now. I knew this turbo debit card crap was a scam cause the website never works, it hardly lets you withdraw money, took forever for the cash advance to come and COULDNT get a hold of customer service and when I did they had no answers. Now here it is stimulus check and turbo tax drops the ball again. Bull####

Jmwilkinson
Returning Member

So I just went on the IRS portal website to check where the payment is. They said they did not have enough information to send my payment and I had to update my information. I would suggest anyone that didnt receive their payment to staart there.

Because of TT shady business practices, just go to the IRS website and enter your DD info so you can get your check. You won't get an honest answer, jus do what you can on your end and remember not to deal with them in the future

I was thinking the same thing this morning. I checked the tool and now it's saying that it was deposited into an account number that isn't even mine! I just got the card for my tax refund but now I am literally crying. I need food, diapers and formula. I feel like I am about to get scammed out of my money.

TT is the biggest con artist this year, never again will I touch this **bleep** companies products. **bleep** you Intuit.

Apparently, If you had fees taken out when you got your refund, you will not be getting this stimulus on your turbo tax card. Turbo tax people have lied to us. They assured us we would be getting this money on our card today! Now we have had to go into the IRS portal and enter new direct deposit info to a different bank and card and now we have to wait even longer. This is all a result of Turbo Tax’s services. They require you to pay the fees, and then those fees mess up your stimulus payment. Safe to say we are NEVER using Turbo Tax again! 

Just talked to a woman at GreenDot Bank and explained to her the situation about my account number being the last 4 of my social on the IRS website. She explained to me that when TT sends information to them the account number is primarily made up of the last of the Social. Now with that being said she did say that there was NO pending deposits that she could see going though them to get loaded onto the card. Still stuck in limbo until someone a Turbo Tax figures something out or we are able to change our Direct Deposit info.

To everyone wondering: 

It is 100% confirmed that if you had your fees taken from your refund for direct deposit, you won’t be receiving the stimulus deposit to your card. You will have to login to the Get My Payment portal at the IRS website and update your deposit information ASAP. Do it right now if you’re reading this before your payment gets messed up or they choose to send you a paper check and you have to wait weeks or maybe months.

I did mine this morning but my girlfriend wasn’t as lucky - she has to wait for a paper check. 

Shame on TurboTax for holding back this information from their paying customers - many of us are repeat customers at that. Disgusting. They clearly had advanced knowledge of this as they have partnered with the IRS for this entire process but are too greedy to inform all of us with worry that it will affect future customers from filing their late taxes this season. I will never use TurboTax again because of the way they handled this and kept us all in the dark, everyone was getting different answers from different customer service reps, leading us around in circles when many, many people are struggling to put food on the table and feed their kids. Absolutely despicable and I would suggest everyone find other routes to file their taxes next year. I hope this makes news and runs this business through the ringer.  

UPDATE 12:00PM i had the issue where it showed the last 4 of my SSN and i just got it deposited on the Turbo Tax card

Mine said the same thing so I put in bank information. I wonder if only the people who received the notification will get theirs deposited on the card and those who didn’t have to go on the website and update their information to their bank information 

Did you check do u have to update yours as well?

Did you deposit show up at noon? I checked my TT card this morning and I didn’t have anything pending so I logged into IRS portal and it gave me the last four of my SS as the account my check was deposited into but I haven’t been able to log back into TT card to check if it was maybe deposited later in the day

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies