Other financial discussions

To everyone wondering: 

It is 100% confirmed that if you had your fees taken from your refund for direct deposit, you won’t be receiving the stimulus deposit to your card. You will have to login to the Get My Payment portal at the IRS website and update your deposit information ASAP. Do it right now if you’re reading this before your payment gets messed up or they choose to send you a paper check and you have to wait weeks or maybe months.

I did mine this morning but my girlfriend wasn’t as lucky - she has to wait for a paper check. 

Shame on TurboTax for holding back this information from their paying customers - many of us are repeat customers at that. Disgusting. They clearly had advanced knowledge of this as they have partnered with the IRS for this entire process but are too greedy to inform all of us with worry that it will affect future customers from filing their late taxes this season. I will never use TurboTax again because of the way they handled this and kept us all in the dark, everyone was getting different answers from different customer service reps, leading us around in circles when many, many people are struggling to put food on the table and feed their kids. Absolutely despicable and I would suggest everyone find other routes to file their taxes next year. I hope this makes news and runs this business through the ringer.