Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Did turbo tax intercept my second stimulus check?

How long will turbo tax delay the second stimulus check?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies

payments go directly from the IRS to your financial institution 

TurboTax did NOT receive your stimulus check.  TurboTax has NO control over your stimulus check, nor can TT track it or tell you when you will receive it.  The IRS will use the same banking information for the 2nd stimulus that they used for the first one.  If that account (or card) is closed then the stimulus will go back to the IRS and they will mail you a check.

You may check the status of your payment at IRS.gov/GetMyPayment

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

omg hey [removed] anyone who used turbo tax or h&r block there second stimulus will be delayed turn on your tv or look at this link

H&R Block, TurboTax customers report issues with second stimulus check (cnbc.com)

Hello, thanks for using the community to report your experience! If you previously used GreenDot with TurboTax, you may be in one of the following scenarios, and we are working directly with GreenDot to pass on your experiences. As you can imagine, these are busy times for us. Hang tight! We're working on resolutions. Current scenarios: 
  • You need a replacement card. If the address you have on file is still your current address, you can call GreenDot (888-285-4169) and request a new card through their IVR (interactive voice response). 
  • New address? You will need to talk to a live agent to update your address. 
  • Note: We've heard reports of  dropped calls or silence on the line with Green Dot. This is not an ideal experience for you and it's understandably frustrating. If this has happened, please try calling again. 
  • Your account has been closed. Contact the IRS, they have information on how the stimulus will be delivered to you. 
  • You did not receive a stimulus. Contact the IRS, they have information on how the stimulus will be delivered to you. 
TurboTax does not have information on your missing stimulus, you will have to contact the IRS if you did not receive your stimulus. Additionally, TurboTax and Green Dot do not have any information regarding your stimulus payment status eligibility. The most up to date information on stimulus deposit eligibility and status can be found at IRS.gov/coronavirus. Stay safe and thanks for reaching out. Hope this helps!

I used Turbotax with Netspend and haven't received my stimulus check. Is this the reason why?

While we do not have any insight into your exact situation, the NetSpend card was replaced with the TurboTax Visa card. It is very possible this would be the source of a delay. You may be able to find more specific information here: https://turbodebitcard.intuit.com/contact-us
*Please note that hold times may be longer than usual due to recent volume. 
Stay safe!

Actually they did receive the payments. It is all over the news. So how about you try not to be such a jerk unless you work for the irs and can see where each payment went.

@Mechelle1213 wrote:

Actually they did receive the payments. It is all over the news. So how about you try not to be such a jerk unless you work for the irs and can see where each payment went.

Read the answer here - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/retirement/discussion/re-when-is-tt-going-to-start-disbursing-the-...

I have been a Turbo Tax customer for 7 years now. Same address, same bank account, same everything. I got my 1st Stimulus no issues at all. This time I qualify for sure and no changes to anything have been made yet nothing. Make absolutely no sense at all. I want money like everyone else not a **bleep** tax credit off my tax bill.

That was a lie you just posted and it has been confirmed on the news by the IRS that Turbotax and H&R Block did receive customers stimulus funds, if Turbotax received and knew about the problem early on, then Turbotax should come out and try to help those affected by the issue, yet Turbotax lays blame on the IRS while H&R Block at least try to "Make it Right"... shows how much of an aholes work at Turbotax...

So if you received turbotax and did the option to have turbotax take there cut first depositing it into their bank then deposit the balance in your account how will you receive the second stimulus? I read somewhere that those accounts turbotax used to get the inital deposit have been closed so the irs is sending payment to those accounts but the payment bounces is that correct? With the first stimulus check did irs deposit funds directly into the consumer account even if they used the option to pay turbotax first before receiving refund?

lasv4800

did turbo tax intercept my second stimulus check

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

Do you believe that your second stimulus payment was delivered to a prepaid Turbo® Visa® Debit Card?

You may be able to get a replacement card.  See this.

If you paid for TurboTax with your refund last year, we have given the IRS your correct account information

and they are working to send your payment within days.

If you were entitled to a stimulus payment but did not receive one, and you didn’t pay for TurboTax
with your refund last year, you may need to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on your 2020 tax return
to get your money.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies