Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Covid-19 (Coronavirus) personal finance thread

@Beckyschira  wrote:

I'm getting 0 back but need to no is bank info is on here to get 1200

See this IRS website for a non-filer portal and when stimulus payments will be begin - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/treasury-irs-launch-new-tool-to-help-non-filers-register-for-economic-i...

IRS website for non-filer stimulus payments - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here

When we e-filed a 2019 return, no bank info was included b/c we didn't owe tax. I get SSDI but I want to include my spouse & dependent. The form on the IRS website says NOT to use it if I receive SS, but should I complete the form anyway to include my spouse & child, or should I just mail in a duplicate paper return with the bank information?

If I received my State refund in my bank account but my Federal refund on the turbotax debit card, which account will the IRS deposit my stimulus check into?

Hello, I just have a question quick question.

I filed my taxes this January and while filing I selected yes to the question of whether someone else could claim me as a dependent. My parents did not claim me this year but will I still receive a stimulus payment? I’m only asking because I clicked yes when I filed.

Thank you. 

I’ve had the Intuit TurboTax visa refund card for a few years now and I got a notification saying my stimulus payment was deposited today but it is not showing up in my account.

I originally got the card because it stated it processes direct deposit quicker than other cards. Why has it not posted into my account as it was deposited today? I can not get in touch with anyone. 

Anyone know if F1 students who haven’t left the US since 2017 and paid taxes since 2017 are non residential aliens or residential aliens. I do have a social security number and have filed using those. 

thank you!

Murray81005
Returning Member

This is just an "Opinion", but the whole thing about the IRS depositing money on a Saturday? Sounds like a bunch of crap.

1.) They are just trying to make everyone happy by SAYING they deposited Money.

2.) The Treasury NEVER Deposits Money on Any other day but Thursday, if you have your  taxes deposited into your account? Its..on a Thursday.. Not Saturday.

If you check the IRS Twitter page they sent a lot of direct deposit stimulus payments on Saturday and people with other banks were saying they got them yesterday. I have the TurboTax refund card and it says it was deposited but won’t post until 4/15.

Murray81005
Returning Member

Dont really HAVE to Check it.. Do you have "Stimilus Money" in your account?

Ummm... Nope.

I keep seeing the refund gets placed on the Turbo card without problems as long as no fees or advances were taken out of the return. 
I did pay for software and state filing but with a different debit card. (not out of my return)

However, the IRS deducted the money I owed from the previous year's return before I ever even saw the card. Does this count as a fee or advance? And is that going to make me get a paper check now? 
Thanks for any replies. Happy Easter.

yesruiz04

This question might have been answered already but if I filed my taxes with Turbo Tax and provided my bank account information will I still have to go to the IRS link and provide my bank account info?

Hello: After successfully filing in February, I arranged a payment plan for money owed to the IRS. They accepted the agreement, but as of this date (April 13)  they haven't finished processing the return. Of course, obviously, the bottom has fallen out since that time, and like many people , I lost all employment.  I'm wondering if anyone knows if I will still receive the stimulus check even if I owe. Unemployment Insurance in my state is a disaster. I have Direct Deposit with the IRS and may be in the next wave. I tried calling the IRS help line but they aren't taking calls.

If you provided your bank information on your tax return for 2018 or 2019, the IRS will use that information to Direct Deposit the stimulus payment.

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

You will still receive any Economic Impact Payment that you qualify for, even if you currently owe money to the IRS.  The only offsets that are being taken against these payments are child support obligations. 

I hope things look up for you soon!

@samtheman57 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

What if I used the turbotax prepaid card method as my direct deposit information on my 2019 tax return? I've been hearing rumors that we may be getting the check mailed. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies