turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Covid-19 (Coronavirus) personal finance thread

@Jyenglin  wrote:

What if I used the turbotax prepaid card method as my direct deposit information on my 2019 tax return? I've been hearing rumors that we may be getting the check mailed. 

If you received your federal tax refund by direct deposit on the Turbo Visa card then you will receive the stimulus payment by direct deposit on the Turbo Visa card.

I'm daphne  I think I miss up when I fIle for my tax 's I but down that I was the head of the house I live by my self in 2018 I had some on livecwith hecwas 43 and he live off of my my and I'm on ssi ssa I was only bring in 791 a month not that much and he move out now I'm all by my self did I mess up be cause I but down for two I mentioned to but my self down and only me I'm on ssi ssa for learn disability  and kindney  problem  I'm sorry and my so number [social security number removed] my birthday <removed>

ReginaM
Expert Alumni

Since you are on SSI, you do not need to do anything to receive your Stimulus Payment.  The IRS already has your information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

2019 I filed as an independent, but my parents claimed me in 2018 and have yet to file for 2019. Will I still be eligible for the stimulus check?

MinhT1
Expert Alumni

Yes, if you filed your 2019 tax return as a non-dependent, then you are eligible for the stimulus payment.

according to the irs non filer portal page...folks on ssi must register there. so this needs clarification.

folks who didnt file/dont have too file taxes on ssi MUST register on the irs non filers portal

MinhT1
Expert Alumni

If you receive Social security benefits and are not required to file a tax return, you do not need to do anything. The IRS will direct deposit your stimulus payment to the account receiving your benefits.

If you are not required to file a return because you have no income or your income is below the filing thresholds, you can register for the stimulus payment on this IRS web portal.

@mikalmos369 

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Or register here. Select https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/ link to stimulus registration (SR).  It is very important that you use the option that says register now if you don't need to file taxes this year.  Otherwise, you will not be able to E-file a zero return thus delaying recording your direct deposit information. 

This isn't a registration page. This page is a questionnaire that asks:

DiD yOu PaY tAxEs ThIs yEaR? 

if you say yes it says:
GOOD JOB YOU GET A CHECK

But most of us with turbo cards don't see s***.

this doesn't solve anything. Stop posting this.  

d3adleaves
Returning Member

Literally just got mine 5 minted ago via turbo card, filed single don't think I had to pay fees.. Hopefully this calms some of the people clearly in need of xanax a little bit.

d3adleaves
Returning Member

I have a turbo card, I just got mine deposited in. Just chill out. It might take a couple of days.

If anyone who HAS gotten their refund/Stimulus on Turbo Card can someone check to also see if they have they last 4 of their social on file with the IRS tool? Cause those who have not received theirs yet

A. Have to put in more information for Direct Deposit or

B. it shows the last 4 of their social

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

<removed, inappropriate content> 

You are absolutely incorrect, as I just had to fill out the "get my payment app" So stop spreading misinformation <removed>

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies