Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ErickaY

Community Chatter: This or That

Welcome back! We're glad to have you here with fellow financially inquisitive folks. 

As we know, some people are born savers while others are born spenders. While most of us are generally familiar with the “pain of paying,” some just love to spend, and saving money goes against every instinct in their body. For others, saving money is the only thing that matters. So we were wondering if you enjoy saving money or spending money?

Community Chatter.jpeg

++++++

Responses from our team:

MayraMI was born a natural spender, but luckily I also have a very strong drive to work and provide for myself. I’ve also learned to practice responsible spending and I don’t normally like to buy overpriced things. I am perfectly happy with my Target handbag.  💸💸💰

Debra_S : I feel like I am a little of both. I do think of myself as frugal, I will look for the best deal when I make purchases, but I “like expensive” as my niece says. So, I tend to feel that “pain of paying” more often than I’d like to admit. But, I am at a point in my life, where I get the most satisfaction from paying bills and reducing my debts. 💰💸💰

SuziM: I wouldn’t say I “enjoy” saving, but I have gotten better at it. For the most part, I enjoy spending. A nice jacket, some new sunglasses, a fancy coffee- all those things give me a dopamine boost. However, I will say it is satisfying to see money in my savings account and to know I have a little something to fall back on. So I guess both can make me happy! 💰💸💰

ErickaY: Unlike the rest of my team, I lOVE to spend. I do try to pick fiscally responsible choices when I can but I firmly believe in enjoying life and splurging on the most comfortable and stylish shoes as well as a nice warm thick coat. I only bargain shop when I'm grocery shopping and even then I would still pick organic or healthy foods. That's not to say that I don't save. I definitely do have savings accounts and 401k etc, I just prefer to save only what is necessary and not overly save. 💸💸💸

++++++

Now it's your turn. We're wondering which side of this coin you're on.  Are you more frugal with your money 💰 or do you splurge 💸 Comment below with the designated emojis!

💰 for saver

💸 for spender

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies