turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ErickaY

Community Chatter: This or That

In our past #CommunityChatter installment we chatted about our decisions to either work more and have more or work less and have less. This week we're continuing the fun and playing a little game of "This or That"! 

Community Chatter.jpeg

We have an interesting question for you all, today. Time is arguably our most valuable asset, we are always looking for the next best thing that will be able to save us time. We like computers to remember our passwords, we like instant coffee, and we like our tax software to simplify our taxes by reducing the time it takes to prepare. We have that last one handled for you! However, in the age of “now”, would you want to have tons of money and no free time OR have tons of free time and little money? 

++++++

Which would you pick? Would you prefer to have more money and no free time or have more time but very little money? Join in on the fun by commenting below with the designated emojis!
💰 for having more money and no free time
for having more time but very little money.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
ErickaY

This is an interesting one for me since I love staying busy! I think I would prefer to have more money and less free time 💰

BarbL
Employee Tax Expert

Oh, this one is tougher!  I'm going to cheat a bit though....I'd rather have more time, but very little money.  My thinking is that if I have the time, I can always work and earn more money if needed.  Time is finite, I can't add more hours to the day.       

Team .

SuziM

Where's the happiness in money if you have no time to enjoy it? Tomorrow is not promised for anyone. I'd take the opportunity for more time. More time for rest, to watch my kids grow, to read, to finish that project I can't seem to find time for... 

KarenL
Employee Tax Expert

Definitely a tough one!  At this moment in my life, I'd take the money rather than more time.  The reason is I would be able to spread the 💰 joy around!  Plus, I love to work.  If I didn't have the work (or money), I'd have to find a bunch of cost-free hobbies!   Is that a thing, or does everything cost money??  LOL

Raph
Community Manager

Although more money would equal less time for me in this situation, it would afford those around me more opportunities. When you think of things like education, after-school programs, sports, etc. all of these things impact your finances. So I am team money 💰 all the way! 

pk
Level 15
Level 15

Having read through the above comments by many, and because I have already "lived and left" the work life, I can say for sure  that money while great for the family ( and dependents) is a very poor substitute  for  one's  well being. As SuzyM pointed out  -- you don't  know what tomorrow holds for you.   It is the old  " the moving finger writes  and having writ moves on, all your piety  or tears shall not change one iota ... ".   I would suggest instead live for the day , enjoy  those  whom you want to enjoy because tomorrow  is not a given -- today may be your last day --- in fact you should live / work like today is your last day.  Cannot judge/opine whether  money or work is more important -- only you can  decide what is important to you and/or to your dependents / love ones.  However enjoy your today still stands.

my thought for the day

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies