Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Caveat Emptor: Intuit has not refunded TurboMax even when I disagreed with its privacy policy

I agreed to the TurboTax online upsell and purchased TurboMax.  I was not given much information about what I was purchasing other than it was a TaxAudit protection and Identity theft protection service, which I assumed was provided by Intuit.

After the purchase was completed, I received a link to register with CSIdentity Corporation (part of Experian).  The link domain is idnotify.com, but the splash screen says "intuit TurboTax".  The page presented a link to the privacy policy: https://portal.idnotify.com/privacy-policy#PI and then asked me to register.

I read the policy.  I do not accept it.  It is overly broad and once I agree, their access to my private information is irrevocable. (Read it yourself if you doubt me.)  This policy is not acceptable to me.  I did not register with the service.

I asked Intuit for a refund of TurboMax.  Customer Service said I could not get a refund on TurboTax Online.  I did not even ask for a refund on TurboTax online, so they didn't understand my question.  However, I am doubtful that they will refund my money even if I never sign up for the service (which I never will).

My public service to you is to provide you with the Identify Protection privacy policy at https://portal.idnotify.com/privacy-policy#PI so you can make an informed decision before you purchase the upsell.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Caveat Emptor: Intuit has not refunded TurboMax even when I disagreed with its privacy policy

Update: I was able to contact Intuit through other means, and a very nice human was able to help with the refund process.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies