Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sahlt10

Billing Issues

I was charged $110 when I wanted the free option not the deluxe. I was charged twice for the deluxe option when I specifically clicked the free option. In times like this with the pandemic I need all the money I can get in order to keep up with bills. This $110 taken out was not what I wanted and I need that money returned. It shouldn't be this hard to contact your company, yet you're making it very difficult. So please message me back as soon as possible

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Billing Issues

We are not able to assist you with any billing issues you may have.  All billing issues need to go through TurboTax Customer Support. Please reach out via the Contact Us link below. Make sure to use the key words Billing Issues so that you get to the right person. 

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Billing Issues

There is NO LISTING on the page you provided that appears to address billing (TTax) overcharges.

Please provide the SPECIFIC link

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Billing Issues

@retiree The link MichelleLO posted above is correct, TurboTax customer service/support does not have a single phone number but has many different phone numbers based on the type of platform used.  So that we can direct your call to the best person/department to help you:

1. Click on this link: Contact Us
  2. Select your TurboTax platform.  
  3. Ask your question / state your problem.  Do NOT use the word "refund' or you will get a phone number for tax refunds.
  4. Click Submit.
  5. On the next screen, choose the Call option and follow the instructions.  You will be given the approximate wait time.  

You'll get a toll-free number to a TurboTax expert who is specially-trained to handle your particular issue.

"Irene2805 Employee Tax Expert"

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Billing Issues

They've made it impossible to complain. I'm so aggravated. You say call but they lady was useless and lied to me!    I realized that I was eligible for free file and when I filed initially there was no option being advertised and according to my meager income of 2400 a year. ( I am on Temporary Assistance For Needy Families) I'm a single mother who has practically no help. No child support nothing. I just started online school and my pell Grant doesn't even cover my full tuition. I usually do not have to file because I am differently abled and have not been represented by the system.

After I realized I could have filed for free I went to your help center to see if there was a way to change it. They gave me step by step instructions on how to switch from self employed to free file. I followed this and it turned my cost to 0$ if you look at my case you'll see that it says my cost is 0 dollars.

I called to talk to one of your agents and she was very sour with me and didn't try to listen or understand and I actually feel like she lied to me and tried to act like she couldn't help me when it was obvious I was upset and felt misled.

I really feel as though I should be refunded the 190 dollars for you being a giant corporate entity that makes plenty of money off of people that actually have it. Not single mothers that are taking out loans for school.

Not only that but I think I may have filed twice and I checked the status of my stimulus check and it is saying they can't determine my eligibility. I assume it's because they suspect fraud? I'm really upset right bus because I was going to use the money to replace our piece of **bleep** car because it's almost impossible for me to get ahead in this world right now.

Please consider refunding me your 190 dollar fee when I obviously qualify for free file and I was too ignorant to realize any different.

Please take a look at my order details:

Thanks for your payment

Here are the details of your transaction.
-------------------------------

Order #TTWG3703909

Order date: April 11, 2020

2019 Federal Tax Return
$0

** Prepared using IRS Free File Program delivered by TurboTax
** Electronic filing included

2019 Oregon tax return
$0

** Prepared using TurboTax State: Oregon
** Electronic filing included

Total (2 items): Free
plus applicable sales tax

Call ME

[phone number removed]

Melissa 

Billing Issues

Error while placing orders 

ocmikeyt
Returning Member

Billing Issues

didnt even finish filing and was charged a crazy price out of my bank account. Almost overdrafted me. I was going to pay with my refund we wasnt even finished filing, went to the nack bevcause i needed some cash and seen the took 300 out for nothing! didntr even finish filing!!!!!

Billing Issues

@ocmikeyt wrote:

didnt even finish filing and was charged a crazy price out of my bank account. Almost overdrafted me. I was going to pay with my refund we wasnt even finished filing, went to the nack bevcause i needed some cash and seen the took 300 out for nothing! didntr even finish filing!!!!!

The only way for TurboTax to debit your account is if you entered a debit card to pay the TurboTax account fees and selected to pay the account fees with a credit/debit card.

Contact TurboTax support for any billing issues

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

Or -

Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

Or -

Use this phone number and select TurboTax - 1-800-4-INTUIT (1-800-446-8848)

Billing Issues

Last year you billed me twice for my order. It took several emails to clear that up. Please only bill me once for the HOME AND BUSINESS AT $120.00 dollars. I have been using turbo tax for many years.

thank you

Jean L

[email address removed]

Billing Issues

@lomont8437 wrote:

Last year you billed me twice for my order. It took several emails to clear that up. Please only bill me once for the HOME AND BUSINESS AT $120.00 dollars. I have been using turbo tax for many years.

thank you

Please be aware that this is a public Internet forum, so for your protection do not post any personal info in the community forum.   It looks like the forum privacy filter removed your email address to protect you from scammers and spammers.    If you wish to also remove your name, you can edit your posting by clicking the tiny blue 3-dot icon just to the right of your comment and then in the dropdown menu choose Edit.

This is mainly a user community--not TurboTax Support--and no account-specific billing concerns can be handled in the user forum.    You can contact TurboTax Support during business hours to discuss any billing issues.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/contact

Hours:  Monday-Friday 5AM-5PM Pacific

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies