Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have a 1099 int from Navy Federal but Turbo Tax won’t connect to the Navy Federal website so I can input the info. Anyone else having trouble?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

I have a 1099 int from Navy Federal but Turbo Tax won’t connect to the Navy Federal website so I can input the info. Anyone else having trouble?

Do you get a spinning icon and a message "searching for a secure connection?"

I just tested and it did it to me, too.   

EDITED:  See next comment below.

@emckinney4
I found some recent posts from other users who report that over the last 4-5 days, so I'm reporting this to TurboTax.   If I hear anything today, I'll post back in this thread.

Yes it’s the spinning icon. I’ve tried for the last 3 days and only gotten that response. I’m not sure how to report it to turbo ya

I've reported it to TurboTax, but so far they have no word.

A 1099-INT is easy to enter manually, however.  In the time you've spent trying to import, you could have quickly entered the 1099-INT.

How do you I put it manually? I don’t see a button

I left the info below.  If you are not seeing everything, are you using Online TurboTax with a phone?   Or are you using the Mobile App by any chance?   Sometimes phones and other mobile devices render browser pages oddly.  You may have to scroll or swipe to get something to come into view.

Hi @emckinney4, please read this FAQ.

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4562871">https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4562871</a>

I have reported the Navy Federal CU import problem to TurboTax, and they are investigating it.

Here's how to manually enter a 1099-INT.   This will give you a shortcut to the correct topic, or you can navigate there like you've already been doing.

• Once the return is open, click SEARCH in the top right corner.
  • Enter 1099-INT without quotes and click the blue magnifying glass icon.  Do not use the dropdown menu, or it may not work.
  • Then choose Jump to 1099-INT.
  • Next screen:  Did you receive any interest income?    Yes.
  • On the next screen "Lets get your tax info", do NOT enter thing on the search line.  Instead go down to bottom right and click a button:  "I'll type it in myself."
  • At the next screen you can enter the institution's name and start entering data.   If you have more than Box 1 on your 1099-INT form, put a checkmark in the little checkbox that says "My form has more info", and you will then see more data fields appear.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies