Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cross4ez

Which is my "home address". I am filing now for state returns.. I pay both rent in one city and also taxes on my home in another city of the same state.

We had an accident on our homestead and cannot live there, so we were homeless and forced to pay rent in town
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
DanielV01
Expert Alumni

Which is my "home address". I am filing now for state returns.. I pay both rent in one city and also taxes on my home in another city of the same state.

Your home address is the address you use to receive mail currently, which can be a PO Box.  If you are having the fees withheld from any refund, then you do need to provide a physical address.  But the tax return itself may be a PO Box if you don't have a physical address to use.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Carl
Level 15

As I recall, the program does not ask for "Home" address. It asks for "mailing" address. The address you enter here should be where you would want the IRS to mail any correspondence concerning this tax return, should the need arise for them to do so. The mailing address has nothing to do with what your resident state may be either. It's simply an indication of where you would want the IRS to send any correspondence to you, if it was necessary. (Such as your refund check if you elect to have them mail you a check.)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies