Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bmore1002

What information do I put In for this question - National Guard or Reserve Annual Training and Drill Pay? I am A resident of South Carolina.

This is my first year as a Army reservist for South Carolina and I am Unsure how what to input when it ask National Guard or Reserve Annual Training and Drill Pay. Do I enter the amount from box one on my W2?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
MaryK4
Expert Alumni

What information do I put In for this question - National Guard or Reserve Annual Training and Drill Pay? I am A resident of South Carolina.

Yes, you can enter the Box 1 from your Reservist W2 and it will be subtracted from your South Carolina income.

South Carolina gross income does not include compensation received from the United States or any state for service in a National Guard or a reserve component of the Armed Forces of the United States for

(1) the customary annual training period not to exceed 15 days for guard members or 14 days plus travel time for reserve members,

(2) weekend drills, and

(3) other inactive duty training.

The statute further provides that for National Guard or reserve members called to active duty, South Carolina gross income does not include 15 days of active duty pay received, providing any pay received for completing the annual training period is not excluded on the South Carolina tax return for the tax year.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
bmore1002

Thank you, very helpful. So just enter box one amount from my reservist w-2.
I was just confused to why it was automatically populated.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies