Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I moved 2 VA from NC 4 school in 2014. We got married 2/2017, 3 months before graduation. Stayed in VA and looked 4 work bc he was stationed here. Do I qualify 4 MSRRA?

I moved to VA from NC in 2014 solely for school. My graduation date was set for 6/2017. We got married 2/2017. My sole reason for deciding to remain in VA rather than go back home to NC after graduation was because he would be stationed in VA for another year and some change. For that reason, I decided to remain in VA and look for new employment post-graduation. I still do this day have an NC drivers license. But, I used my military ID to vote in VA local elections. Feel like there is a technicality somewhere.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I moved 2 VA from NC 4 school in 2014. We got married 2/2017, 3 months before graduation. Stayed in VA and looked 4 work bc he was stationed here. Do I qualify 4 MSRRA?

In 2017, when you decided to stay in VA you should have changed your DL to VA and break ties with NC. For 2018 I would consider you a VA resident only so you do not need to file NC any longer however you really need to get the DL changes asap. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies