mdbush29

I'm military. My spouse and I are not stationed in our Home of Record. My spouse worked a job in the state we are currently stationed in but earned less that 7500 this year in income. Does she need to file a state return for the state she worked in?

Our home of record is TN. We are currently residing in UT on Active Duty Military Orders.

MargaretL

Yes, she does need to file a nonresident UT tax return. Income that a nonresident receives from Utah sources is taxable in Utah. A nonresident with any Utah sources of income must file a Utah return if they are required to file a federal return.

More details:

http://incometax.utah.gov/instructions/nonresidents

MargaretL

More details: