kdrssperson

I am an active duty military personnel but I have not been to any combat regions or overseas. does that make me national guard ?

GiseleD

When you enlisted, in what branch did you enlist? If you are unsure, check with your commanding officer to determine your status. 

Nicholasryansilver

National guard is it's own entity. I'm gathering your in the Army. You are active duty as long as you are enlisted. When you leave service. You will be given a DD 214. 

DaveF1006

You are active duty military regardless where you served. You would report your return as active duty military.