Active duty military state residency question

Hello,

My wife and I are filing "Married filing Jointly." We are both active duty. My state of legal residence is Indiana, where I pay taxes, and her's is Texas ( where she doesn't pay taxes). We both currently live in Virginia, and have for the many years.

On my state return, it recommends I file "nonresident" in Indiana, which isn't correct. I am a resident of Indiana, and need to file my state return with IN. Should I change it to Full Year Resident?

Please help, thanks!

To use full year resident status both you and your spouse must be legal residents of Indiana. Since your home of record is Indiana and your spouse's is Texas, the correct status for Indiana is Nonresident. This will allow TurboTax to properly allocate income between Indiana and the other states.