How to enter a 1099-misc for rental less than 14 days..."schedule e" gives me an error because it is less than 14 days and therefore not taxable.

When you receive a 1099-misc for  home rental income 14 days or less enter the amount in the Less Common Income section,: Miscellaneous Income  and then click  Other Reportable Income .

Use the description  "14 day rent rule" .That takes care of reporting the income.

Then same steps ,same description, enter the same amount as a negative.

Thank You!!! Much Appreciated...

Your welcome.

Your suggestion directly contradicts TurboTax's instructions for Other Reportable Income ("Do not enter income reported on Form 1099-MISC"), and it doesn't match the IRS' own instructions:  "There's a special rule if you use a dwelling unit as a residence and rent it for fewer than 15 days. In this case, don't report any of the rental income and don't deduct any expenses as rental expenses." Maybe it's the best way, but TurboTax needs to handle this situation itself, properly!

@skierpage .. If you get a 1099 and do not report you get a letter from the IRS , your choice .on how to report.