I work for walmart & purchase stock through the associate purchase plan. I've sold a couple shares here and there and I'm wondering if i need anything for my taxes?

Yes. If you sold stock, then you should receive a Form 1099-B from your broker, which is entered in your tax return. TurboTax Online Premier will best guide you when entering in your Form 1099-B. Click this link: What is Form 1099-B: Proceeds from Broker Transactions?, for more info. Also, please see the FAQ below for instruction on how to enter your Form 1099-B into TurboTax. https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4789365

Thank you! Is this something they will automatically send me, or do i need to contact them in order to get the 1099?

You're welcome! Yes, typically it is sent via US Mail automatically; however, some brokers send it electronically. So you will need to just check and see if it is being mailed or if you can log into your broker's account to access the 1099-B.