It has to be a bug in turbo tax. I went through each rental and clicked I elect to use a safe harbor for this property on its own and then clicked none of these apply and now it is attaching two forms 199A forms for each of my rentals.
If you do not want the safe harbor, you can delete the 199A forms.
In desktop, you bring up the form in Forms mode and then click delete at the bottom of the form.
In online TurboTax you must be on a browser, not the app.
Tax Tools, Tools, Delete a Form
If the form comes back then there is something on one of the properties that is triggering it.
You have checked all of your properties, so the forms should stay deleted.
Safe Harbor allows a QBI deduction and the option to expense items up to $2,500 rather than depreciating them over a period of years.
It is not a software error. The reason is because there are two questions that must be answered before TurboTax makes a final determination as to whether you believe your rental real estate activity meets the requirements to utilize the qualified business income deduction (QBID).
- Open your TurboTax return > Search (upper right) type rentals > Press enter > Click the Jump to ... link
- Edit next to your rental activity > Scroll to Qualified Business Income > Edit/Update >
- Select 'None of the above' on the Real Estate Professional page
- Continue to the page Do you want to use a safe harbor.... Select 'None of these apply' > Continue
- Select 'No', on the page Is this Qualified Business Income?
- Open your TurboTax return > Search (upper right) type Qualified business income deduction > Press enter > Click the Jump to ... link
- Arrive at the QBID section to answer the questions shown above
Once this is completed, you should not have any statement included with your tax return.