turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why did TurboTax not bring my rental depreciation forward this year? I have had the depreciation deduction in TurboTax ever since I started renting the property in 2011.

The residential depreciation deduction is missing from my rental property and no history is being carried forward for the prior depreciation taken.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Why did TurboTax not bring my rental depreciation forward this year? I have had the depreciation deduction in TurboTax ever since I started renting the property in 2011.

3 Replies

I found the answer to my own question if someone else has this problem: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/asset-depreciation/help/how-do-i-fix-my-rental-properties-and-roya...

I was able to follow video and added asset and it picked up depreciation from 2019  summary
before filing taxes is there a way to check this its actually included 

if before filing can see this form info to make sure preview its included 

as it wasn't there till add asset for me

>Form 4562 Depreciation

ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

Yes. If you are in the Online program you will have to upgrade to Premier and pay before you have access to your forms. If you are in Desktop, go to Forms Mode in the upper right corner.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies