It depends. If you rented the property for 14 days or less, you are not required to report the income. With more than 14 rental days, you would report the income in one of two places:
- Schedule E, if you provided a place to stay and nothing more.
- Schedule C, if you provided services like a hotel.
Please refer to 10 Tips for Airbnb, HomeAway &
VRBO Vacation Rentals for
- Where do I enter income and expenses from a rental property?
- What kinds of rental property expenses can I deduct?
- How do I handle capital improvements and depreciation for my rental?
- Where do I enter Schedule C?
See the following link for guidance from the IRS on renting residential property and when it's required to be reported.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"