Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where can I combine rental real estate interests as a real estate professional (REPS) within Turbo Tax Online?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Where can I combine rental real estate interests as a real estate professional (REPS) within Turbo Tax Online?

Real Estate Professionals: The election for real estate professionals to aggregate their activities
under IRC 469(c) (7) is not supported.

See https://digitalasset.intuit.com/DOCUMENT/A2ETBITdw/122122-2022-unsupported-calcs-L1FQfTTgn.pdf

You may be able to do this in Forms Mode, but that is only available in the desktop versions of TurboTax.

Carl
Level 15

@tagteam not sure if this would work. So "check me" on this.

Lets say you have three rental properties you want to aggregate.

Basically, you enter all three as a single property, listing each property separately in the Assets/Depreciation section. This would mean the totals for all properties listed would be under Column A of the SCH E. Of course, this also means one can't realize any suspended losses on any of the properties until all properties under this single column are sold.

I am not sure it makes a great deal of difference since a statement that the taxpayer is making the election pursuant to Section 469(c)(7)(A) needs to be filed (in accordance with Section 1.469-9(g)(3)). As a result, a TurboTax user is left with no choice other than to draft that statement and print and mail the return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies