Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

JRpFA96
Returning Member

When will we be able to enter our 1099R . I thought that would be ready today. Feb 12

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

When will we be able to enter our 1099R . I thought that would be ready today. Feb 12

You can enter the 1099-R in Federal > Wages and Income > Retirement.

If, however, you are asking about waiving the 10% penalty under the CARES act, TT is still waiting for the IRS to approve TT's version (programming) of the form.  Check back on Feb 18.

JRpFA961

I am not asking about the 10% penalty.  I just want to enter income from our 1099R and my turbo tax says TT is working on it .  It is not ready.  It will not allow me to enter

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

February 12 is the date when IRS starts accepting tax returns.  If you have not filed, here are the steps:

In TurboTax online,

• Sign into your account, select Pick up where you left off
  • At the right upper corner, in the search box, type in 1099r and Enter 
  • Select Jump to form 1099r
  • Follow prompts

A Form 1099-R is issued to the taxpayer if he or she has taken out distribution from their annuities, profit-sharing plans, retirement plans, IRAs, insurance contracts or pensions. 

@JRpFA961

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
JRpFA961

Turbo Tax will not let me enter my 1099R's.   I thought maybe my problem might be because I cannot get updates.  It starts updating then stops working .  It says a problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  It says windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available .  When I close the return i'm working on pops up.  Is this causing me not to be able to enter my 1099R's???  I know where and how to enter.  It just won't let me as it says IRS is still working on these.

DianeW777
Expert Alumni

TurboTax has some installation as well as other techniques to get your software working correctly. You can use this link to give your some ideas by clicking here.

Clearing your cache and cookies, as well as browsing history can be a real game changer often.

Form 8915-E - Information to see if your retirement distributions might be included for special tax considerations.

It is being prepared for release. Form 8915-E: Qualified 2020 Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments, which is used for COVID-related early distributions, will be ready for e-file starting February 24th.  It was recently moved out of the draft form by the IRS.

tadzz

i have been trying to enter my 1099R statements but the form says that it is not ready to be able to enter theme ihave had this program since dec 2020 and have wited since then?

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

@tadzz This form will be available on 02/25/2021. You can check the IRS forms availability here.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies