Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dsehlers

When I review my federal return, form 3468 Investment Credit comes up to review. I have no investment credit. How can I get rid of the form so I can file?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies
DawnC
Expert Alumni

When I review my federal return, form 3468 Investment Credit comes up to review. I have no investment credit. How can I get rid of the form so I can file?

Delete the form.  

How to delete forms in TurboTax Online

How to delete forms in TurboTax Desktop

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Kp_129

I’ve deleted the form and Form 3468 is still showing up just like original poster

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Please clarify: Did you enter a Schedule K-1 before this form appeared?

@Kp_129

Kp_129

Yes, with no reason for Form 3468 to pull. I sat on hours long holds just to be told it was a turbo tax issue. I’ve successfully bypassed this issue now.

I am having the same issue with the form 3468 when I try and file. I don't need the form and even when I delete the form it shows back up when I try and file my return. If anybody knows how to fix this problem please let me know so I can finally file my taxes. Very frustrating.

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Have you tried deleting the K-1 and re-entering the information again? A recent update should have resolved this issue, but it may not apply to an existing K-1.

After you delete the K-1 and before you re-enter, check to see if Form 3468 remains in your return. If so, delete that form before you re-enter the K-1.

To re-enter Schedule K-1:

1. Return to the K-1 Summary page.
  2. Enter the K-1 and check the box for Box 17/20. 
  3. Enter only one line for Code AJ and do not enter an amount.
  4. Continue to the page that asks for Other Information Detail. Enter a description and amount separately for both lines from Code AJ.
  5. Run Review/SmartCheck.
  6. If you receive a request for the registration number, enter TMXXX99XXXXX. 
  7. Delete Form 3468 (either in Forms Mode using TurboTax for Desktop or using Tools >> Delete a form in TurboTax Online).
  8. Run Review/SmartCheck to confirm the error has been resolved.

These steps are easier if you are using TurboTax for Desktop, as you can make edits directly in the forms and easily see what forms have errors (red exclamation marks). But it can be done in TurboTax Online.

Additional Information:

@Gilgamesch 

Thank you for the advice. I do have a question. If I have any carryovers from the previous year will I lose those if I delete the K-1 and fill out a new K-1. Also the description for the AJ I receive on my K-1-s does not match the description in the K-1 20 box so wondering if I need to enter the AJ K-1 data.

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Yes, you would need to re-enter all information for the partnership/s-corp that provided Schedule K-1. This includes your ownership, basis, and any carryovers. 

As you probably know, Code AJ is for Excess Business Losses, which would be used only if your net losses from all businesses are more than $289,000 ($578,000 if filing a joint return). If this doesn't apply to your tax situation, you may completely omit the Code AJ entries.

@Gilgamesch 

how did you resolve it?

PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

If deleting Form 3468 (as described previously) doesn't resolve the issue, you will need to delete Schedule K-1, delete Form 3468, and re-enter all the information for your K-1 investment.

@socasuemlcc 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies