turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

What should I put as the payer or financial institute for my stock dividends if I did not receive a 1099div?

The dividends are from multiple companies like Apples and Nvidia stocks that I brought using the mobile Robinhood app and they will not send a 1099div because the total dividends was under $10. 

When reporting, do I just put the total amount as box1 and leave all other fields on the form empty since I didn’t have a 1099div?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
HelenaC

What should I put as the payer or financial institute for my stock dividends if I did not receive a 1099div?

Enter the payer as Apple or Nvidia, etc. Yes, enter the amount of dividends in Box 1a, Total Ordinary Dividends

• If you know that these dividends or any portion of these dividends are "qualified", enter the amount in Box 1b, Qualified Dividends.

Related information: 

Do you mean I need to report each dividend separately by company? They are all from stocks brought with Robinhood. If I want to enter the total dividend received as a single entry, who should be the payer?
HelenaC

Robinhood should be the payer.
HelenaC

I thought you had a few entries. The most important thing is to have them on your income tax return.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies