turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Website goes straight to doing taxes online and not anything else available.

I've always used the desktop version, but thought I would try the online version this year.  Started the online process, but soon realized it is terrible.  When I log in, it just takes me to "...let's keeping working on your taxes" page.  I don't want to keep working on my taxes.  I want to go to to the page where I can buy and download TurboTax, but there is no way to get there from the page I am on.  I have to literally logout and then I can see the generic landing page.  OK, let me buy the desktop version.  I pick my product and it asks me to create an account or sign in.  I sign in, and the next page that opens is the "let's keep working on your taxes page". Argh!!

OK, I guess it stupidly assumes that if I have a tax return in progress there is nothing I would rather do than continue with that.  I found a post explaining how I could remove all my input and start again, which I did thinking that if I hadn't put any data in, it would take me to the generic landing page where I could buy the product I want.  That didn't work.  No matter what, once I enter my ID and password, the only thing I can do is use the online tax app.  

How do I get out of this loop?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Website goes straight to doing taxes online and not anything else available.

@DONUSA56 

Don't log in there....But yeah, you do have to hunt for the download purchases page.

Here's a direct link:

TurboTax® Desktop 2023-2024 | Tax Software Download (intuit.com)

In the future, if you get to the main TTX page with all the Online "junk", use the top menu to get to the downloads section.   There's a dropdown under the "Do It Yourself" selection:

Desk_Dropdown.jpg

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies