Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

We have 3 rental properties, each under different LLC. What service can I use from Turbo tax? I want turbo Tax to do my taxes.

My wife and I are both partners in each LLC.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

We have 3 rental properties, each under different LLC. What service can I use from Turbo tax? I want turbo Tax to do my taxes.

Georgia is not a community property state, so you are in the situation where you have to file four separate tax returns, three partnership returns plus your joint personal return. You should work with a local tax professional who is experienced in handling rental real estate and partnerships.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

I think your situation is too complex for TurboTax Full Service, which is the service where TurboTax provides a tax professional to prepare your tax returns. You should find a local tax professional who can do it for you.

You didn't say what state you are in. If you do not live in a community property state, each of your LLCs is a partnership and has to file its own partnership tax return. So you have to file three separate partnership returns plus your personal joint tax return. If you are in a community property state you have to choose, for each LLC, whether to treat it as a partnership or as a disregarded entity. A local tax professional would be the best source of guidance for making those decisions.

We live in GA

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Georgia is not a community property state, so you are in the situation where you have to file four separate tax returns, three partnership returns plus your joint personal return. You should work with a local tax professional who is experienced in handling rental real estate and partnerships.

Thank you for your help! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies