Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TT Premier - Fidelity Data Import Fiasco for Spouces

Has anyone been able to do a work around or figure out how to import from Fidelity separate 1099R, Int, Div, Misc, etc, data for each spouse? It was such a mess i had to file an extension... i see many others had the similar problems. When i attempted to get this resolved through TT they basically said their software had a "glitch" and nothing could be done to fix it...

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies

Don't import.  It's just as fast and easy to enter each form manually.  

At the bottom pick Change How I enter my Form

Then on the next screen pick I'll Type it in Myself

Hi Volvogirl, I manually entered data on a few 1099's previously, i didn't think to cypher the summery sheets of the combined 1099 forms and enter that data manually... seems that should work. Thanks for the work around tip!

Actually this doesn't appear to work for the combined 1099 forms and if i didn't provide the details of the summery or adjustments required i would be required to mail in backup... so yeah, TT 1099 spouse import function is broken. If i don't see a fix for this i'll move on to another tax application, too bad, i had used TT for 30+ years.

@RandyR09 I am confused.  if there are no adjustments and you key in the summaries, there is no requirement to send in  paper copies to the IRS.....  

Why would you need to break up a 1099B between the spouses in any event?  I assume you are filing "joint".

the 1099-Rs are typically for only one person in any event

can you please explain? 

If you and the spouse have separate accounts at the broker with different log ins/ passwords   I believe you must log out of the TT program & the broker's account  to allow the program to "reset".  Then when you log in to the TT program again and get to the import section should be able to log into the other broker account. 

...Separate accounts and identities, however, like many many others on this thread spouses attempting to   import that info, it doesn't work. !'m not sure how you go about logging out/in step, how do you import that information into the file if your logged out? 

She said you log back in and then it might pickup the right broker account.  

@RandyR09 worst case: just data enter the SUMMARIES for each section of the 1099-B.  There is no requirement to data enter each and every transaction. 

Appreciated the input on manually entering summaries details on 1099B. I was able to get beyond the broken TT Premier import feature for spouces brokerage data. since I'm working off my pc there is no log in/log out feature on the TT application that I'm aware of to change import parameters. Problem is where there is a "non-covered" transaction or "adjustment" in the 1099B summaries that are being entered. If that is the case, then the requirement is to file IRS Form 8949 in addition to your tax documents.  If TT Premier worked properly, that info could have been compiled and the manual steps along with the additional bureaucracy could have been eliminated. So TT  Premier 2022 Remains Broken and simple work arounds may apply if you there are only covered transactions and no adjustments...otherwise prepare to read reams of IRS Publication data and fill out lots of paper manually....

@RandyR09 by "logging out", it simply means closing the app on the PC.  Then re-launching it. did you try that? 

...Yes, rebooted, it's the same, same OS, an inextricable cycle of errors and brokerage account security breaches of my accounts and not my spouses... same same as everyone else has run into. I was able to file with the work arounds using manual summery entries to the 1099Bs which allowed me to file electronically today but require a follow hard copy of 8489 form filled out because of non covered transactions and adjustments. 

donohkat

unacceptable.

This is not an odd situation, retired people have retired spouses.  Fix the bug.  You charge too much for this product to leave this hanging.

For Fidelity this user found a way here....

After I had downloaded from one account and the second one would not work, I looked at the Fidelity website and noticed that I was already logged in to my account (the one I had downloaded from). Turns out that TurboTax had not dropped the connection from the first account. I logged out of that one and tried to download the second account and I was presented with the login screen and could then download from the second account.

Unable to import second instance of brokerage (completely different accounts/credentials/data)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies