Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dkgerman3

Seeing bugs in 2020 rental income. Asks why paid more interest than reported 1098 but I didn't check that, and wants refinancing info but I didn't refinance. Anyone else?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Seeing bugs in 2020 rental income. Asks why paid more interest than reported 1098 but I didn't check that, and wants refinancing info but I didn't refinance. Anyone else?

Enter Mortgage Interest and Property Tax for your Rental Property in the Rental section first, in the Income  section. 

Mortgage Interest for your home (or for any Personal Use of the Rental Property if not rented all year), will be entered in the Deductions & Credits section later.

You may want to delete any 1098's you entered in Deductions & Credits, then go into Rentals and enter appropriate amounts there first.

This link gives more info on Entering Mortgage Interest for Rental Property

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
dkgerman3

Thanks, but that's what I did. I don't have mortgage interest on my home, there's nothing entered except my rental.

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Have been informed that Schedule E will not be finalized by the IRS until 1/21/21.  This may be affecting the Mortgage Interest Entry.

Here's a link for Federal Tax Form Availability.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies